Chapter 28

"So...what did he say? Can he help us?" Archer asks, I look up at him in shock.

My brain's still trying to process everything I've just learned. Rumple's gone mad-hatter, Belle is living with him (and seems to be falling for him), I have to distract the Queen...dragon...heart...horse...grass...home...jars.... Man, my brain hurts! All it can seem to do right now is continue this endless cycle of random words that string together in a mass of confusion.

Why? Why did this have to happen?

"Skye, you okay?"

When my eyes focus again, I find I'm staring into the most beautiful, sad eyes I've ever seen. I let my mind focus on the gray-green color and the tiny golden specks that brighten when he looks at me. The storm in my head slowly dies down and I nod. He sighs in relief and pulls me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Choking, not breathing!" I gasp and he pulls back quickly.

"Sorry." he mumbles, looking so adorably embarrassed.

I reach over and lift his chin. "Don't be...I'm glad, because it shows how much you care. And don't go saying you can't care. You still have emotions, but the lack of heart only takes away your ability to truly love someone. Besides, you'll have it back soon." I shrug.

"So he's helping us?" he asks, looking like a child getting the best Christmas present possible.

I shake my head and his face immediately falls, making me feel bad for telling him that.

"No...but he told me how we'll get it back. We just need some back-up." I say slowly.

"What kind of back-up?" he asks, glancing nervously at the horses.

"I think I might have an idea..." I quickly hop up on my horse and wait for him. Once he's up and ready to go, Beauty takes off through the forest.

"You sure about involving them?" she asks as we zoom through the brush.

"Well, it's not something I'd really want to happen...but we have no other choice." I say sadly, thinking about what I was asking of them.

"The whole point in leaving was so you wouldn't put them in any more danger. I mean , they have enough problems with the Sheriff." she says.

"You're right, maybe there's someone else..." I say, trying to think. "The dwarfs! They'd know exactly what to do."

Excited, I steer Beauty towards the cottage my dad once told me about. He always told me that the dwarfs know absolutely everything there is to know about. Being miners they've worked with just about everyone. They'd be able to point me in the direction of people other than my brother who can help me! That means I won't have to worry about them getting hurt by the horrible Queen and Archer will be able to get his heart back without feeling guilty.

We stop once we reach the funny-looking tree with a small door. I look around...it doesn't seem like anyone's been here for quite some time. Of course, I don't see how seven men live in the tiny thing... I dismount and walk slowly toward the door, motioning to Archer to stay with the horses. I twist the handle, surprised it's open and quietly step inside.

Well, it's definitely bigger on the inside!

I look around in amazement at the clean, shiny surfaces. There's a small fireplace in the far corner. An opening that leads to what looks like a kitchen. There's another opening with stairs leading up....probably to their rooms. I follow the stairs and find nine doors. Why nine? Curious, I step up to one that says Doc and open the door - again unlocked. Seriously, they should lock these things...what if I were kind of burglar?! What would they do then?

I gasp when I see what's inside. There's a small round, deep tin pan with coals to keep the room warm, a small brass bed with patch-worked blankets, and a large round rug tucked neatly under the bed. I look to my left and see a large desk covered in papers and little gadgets. I walk over and see that this Doc fellow must be some sort of doctor - he writes just like my father used to.

Stunned I walk out of the room and head down the hall.

Just as I'm about to grab the handle of a door with the name Grumpy on it a loud crash from outside sends my heart into a frenzy. I rush back down the stairs, through the living room, and out into the frigid air.

I stop when I notice seven tiny men wrestling with Archer in the snow.

"Get him!" one yells, jumping into the air before joining the mass of screaming, flailing group of arms and legs.

"Skye, get out of here!" Archer yells and I see his face for a split second before he disappears under the tiny men.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Uh, oh! Archer's being attacked by dwarfs! To be honest, I myself busted out laughing once I realized what was about to happen. Haha, hilarious! Anyway, what do think will happen next...well, you won't have to wait long, because I went ahead and wrote four new chapters to keep my fans from throwing random food and appliances at my head.

Hope you enjoy, vote, and comment...doesn't nessecarily have to be in that particular order ;)

Always yours,

Kera