Prologue: The Agreement

A/N: Okay so this is like my first Dubredo fan fiction novel. I hope you dig it.

~~~

It alarmed him to hear the word of mouth about Leni being affected by the riff between the administration and her party, the liberal party. He saw it coming but it's just that, he doesn't want her to be caught in between as he is aware of how sensitive and fragile she was — she wasn't strong enough for such huge political involvement. What's worse now is that his own supporters spit hate against her making everything even more toxic. Hence, he can't just watch her be damaged, he knew he has to do something.

This urged him to consult his team and adviser about what to do to ease Leni's burden.

"It's inevitable." Panelo concludes. "Wala naman tayong magagawa, Digong." Andanar agrees. "The only thing we could do is to tell the supporters not to spit hate against Leni during your public speeches." Panelo suggested. "Oo, tama yan but I think it won't be enough. Mababawasan yung hate hate against her but in a very minimal amount only... very minimal that we wouldn't even notice." Yasay shares.

Digong rested his head's weight to his hand and sighed. "Kailangan man magawan ng paraan yan. She is very affected... for every speech that we say... yung mga speech ni Alan sa mga dilaw, laging nadadamay si Leni when she should not be included." He replied.

The members were silenced for a moment and looked at each other seeming to be having one thought in mind that they doubted to share. "She has to be strong, she shouldn't let herself be affected by the issues especially that she's not guilty of anything," Panelo crossed his arms. "She's innocent. Kaya nga..." He clicked his tongue. "... yang mga dilaw na yan, laking galit ko diyan because dinadamay pa nila yung si Leni, matino man siya eh mga trapo sila lahat doon!" He ranted. Andanar looked at Yasay, he raised his eyebrows signaling him to suggest what they have been thinking lately.

"Digong," Martin uttered, he looked at him problematically. Martin suddenly ran out of words, Panelo saved him. "Are you going to suggest it?" Panelo had to confirm. "Oo," Yasay answered.

"Are you still pursuing Leni?" Panelo asked Digong, it startled him a bit as the question appeared unexpectedly.

"Kase naisip namin na pwede yon to cover up this issue." Andanar supported, Digong still needed more information to comprehend with their point. "Pano naman napunta yung usapan diyan?" He asked.

"Well, Digong... You know the mindset of most of the people supporting you and spitting against Leni, the only way to make them stop is you know." Panelo refused to explain vividly as he assumed Digong understood it well. They waited for Digong's response but he was still trying his best to get their point.

"I know what?" He uttered.

"Make her your girlfriend." Panelo dropped, Yasay smiled, Andanar and the other members blushed for Digong.

It hammered Digong, he thought they were joking. "Mga ulol," he chuckled but everyone remained intact and serious about their suggestion.

"You're serious?" Digong asked. "Seryosong seryoso, Digong." Martin spoke in behalf of the members, they all looked at him for his response.

"Kapag nalaman ng mga tao na kayo ni Leni. Pangulo at vice... mas maniniwala sila na matatag yung tiwala niyo sa isa't isa, mas maniniwala sila na magiging relevant yung bawat opinion niyo, mapag-uusapan lahat kahit opposing man o hindi." Sueño explained. "Tignan mo yung sa AFP ceremony noon, halos lahat ng supporter mo ayaw kay Leni, pero nung nagkaroon ng Dubredo na love team, some felt at ease, some felt relieved, the hate against Leni from your supporters were mum for sometime. 'Di ba, Bong?" Sueño continued. "Opo, Digong. Karamihan doon sa totoo lang, hindi naman si Leni yung binoto pero gumaan yung atmosphere nung naging maganda yung una niyong pagkikita." Go confirmed, it got Digong thinking. "It's funny but it would really work. Pati mga trust issues ng supporters ni Leni, not mainly LP supporters, but just Leni's supporters, pwede mong ma-gain. It's a win win situation," Panelo contributed.