XVIII. Not Today

Nathaniel

A slight jolt brought me back to consciousness. I was in a moving vehicle... my Range to be exact. 

Last I remember, I was on my way to find Nuri and... and that was it really because it all went black after that. Unmoving as to not draw too much attention to myself, I assessed that my hands and feet were not tied together and there was no blindfold or no mouth gag. Adelaide's cell phone was still in my pocket.

My captor wasn't too bright it seems, which meant I had a chance of turning things around in my favor. 

On top of that, I was in the back just laying on the car floor like I wasn't a big mothefucker that could take out the average man. 

I know my car better than this joker driving and he would find that out soon enough. He couldn't possibly know that I kept my bat under the seat right next to my Glock. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do exactly since I hadn't the slightest clue how long I was out, how far we were from my loft and just who in the hell was driving. 

I'm positive this asshole knew where Nuri was right this moment. If I got the upper hand on him, he might freak and send us crashing into traffic or a tree or some shit. At any rate, I couldn't risk the driver bringing attention to himself and getting local PD involved because that would delay this whole process. 

What I needed was Nuri to be home safe- - not in harm's way at Emma's place. Why in the fuck wasn't Ambrose answering his phone? Was he in on this shit? 

I quickly got a hold of the Glock and secured it on my belt. Once that was squared away, I had only to grasp onto the bat and bide my time. I had to wait for this idiot to stop at a light and I would pounce. 

I didn't have to wait too long because we stopped.  I shot up and had the bat around his neck pulling it firmly against the headrest. It was Humes with his weak ass. He took to squealing like a baby seal.

"You stop all that crying and listen up," I growled. "You're clearly dumber than a can a paint, and if you play this right, I just might let you live."

His hands were reaching for something on the driver's seat, and I looked over to see a small gun. "Oh so you really are an idiot," I said pulling the bat harder against the headrest. "Don't you know I will kill you right here."

His hand came down and went up to his neck. We were at a stop light off in some part or Savoie. There were no cars around. I managed to swipe the gun from the seat and held it to his head. "You step out of the car and you and me we gone have us a little talk," I said and loosened the bat.

"Okay okay." He said and it sounded like a crock. I had his gun pointed at his head and hopped into the passenger seat. He put the car in park and killed the engine. I snatched the keys from him. 

Michael Humes spilled his entire guts.

Author's Note:

Please don't hate me. Life has gotten in the way of my dream.  I have been fighting to make it back here and here I am. Hopefully, you guys are still rocking with me. 

I am so sorry!