Tantrums and Hurting Myself (continued)

*

Two of Ambrose's men walked me up to my floor and even went ahead of me to check things out in the apartment as a full sweep. 

Nuri's work was spread out on the coffee table and I went over to flip through the red marked manuscript she just got in the mail this morning. She had been on the couch and I could see her blanket crumpled up on the cushions. Eager to have the distinct smell that was Nuri in my head, I brought it to my nose and inhaled. 

"All clear Mr. King," the first man said coming from my bedroom. They watched me with the blanket to my face and exchanged glances. I didn't give a shit what they thought. They could jump in a lake the both of them. 

"Ms. Hart in is the shower," the second one said. 

"Thank you." 

When they exited, I made sure to lock the door behind them and went in search of Nuri in her room. The shower was going and I could hear her moving around in there with purpose. I looked at myself in the mirror and knew she would worry for me. There would be questions and she would not be too happy when I didn't answer all of them. . . or any of them. 

I went to the curtain and pulled it back with more force than I should have. She jumped and started when she saw me. I'd been strong this whole time, but now that I was home and she was standing right in front of me, all the pain came rushing to the forefront and I wanted nothing more than to fall at her feet so she could wrap me up in her and care for me. 

*****

*****

{Author's Note: I've been away from this story but trust and believe I have been adding to it as I go. All that needs to be done is three more chapters and we will get there. Forgive me for the long haitus with no word. I am a horrible person for dropping off like this. This story shall end I am on a mission.}