Day Eight

Maggie

"Hey cutie," my face reddened immediately and my mouth dropped. I just met him the other day and he's already flirting. I quickly recovered and smiled at him, "uh hey," I mumbled out.

I looked up at him and gazed, I'm not use to having friends of the opposite sex. Most guys get weirded out with my whole 5 issue but him, he's different. He's like me and I can tell and I'm glad, all my life I felt like I was the weird one, I felt so alone all of the time but now I know he's struggling too.

"Where are you headed to at," he asked and glanced at his watch, "9:55 exactly?"

"Oh I'm on my way to class, what about you? Unless you just come here everyday, at the exact time I do just to see me," I laughed and nudged his arm, I was trying to loosen up around him.

"Oh your in college?" He asked, "I'm on my way to work."

"Yup, I'm a college student, do you go? You don't look like you're any bit older then me," I wondered.

"Uh no I dropped out, well more kinda got kicked out," he laughed and rubbed his neck, "I had this issue that kinda resulted in me being late and also made me incredibly annoying to everyone else in my classes and I just thought it would be easier if I left."

"Oh" I whispered, the awkwardness in the air stiffened. I looked up and saw that I had unconsciously walked to the front doors while I was lost in conversation with Ben. "So I better be off, I don't want to be late,"I waved bye to him, "I'll see you again tomorrow in the elevator Ben."

He smiled at me and opened his mailbox, then closed it, then opened it and he repeated and repeated... Three times in total.

With his actions on my mind, I unlocked the door then locked it again and then again, and again... Five times in total.

We're both more alike then we'd like to admit.