Day Six

-Maggie-

Struggling to hold the five cartons of milk I just bought, I attempted entering my apartment complex. The jingling of my keys must of attracted one of the other many college aged kids living here as some guy caught a jug of milk right as it was about to fall from my arms.

"Woah there!" He laughed, "That was close." I looked up and met eyes with him, they were a deep green, a very nice capturing green.

"Ah yeah, I guess it was," I mumbled, "Thanks for helping."

"No problem," He smiled, "You can continue." I smiled back and unlocked the door.

And then I locked it again, and unlocked it.

and then again

and again

and again

until the fifth time where I left it open and entered.

I looked back at the guy and he was watching my hands as they worked at the lock.

"Ah sorry, that must've looked weird," I tried to laugh it off.

"No no..." He trailed off, "I do it too, it's not strange."

"oh," I whispered.

We stood in silence before I cleared my throat, "I live this way, I can handle that the rest of the way though."

"No it's okay I don't mind," He smiled again, "It's long past due that I make some friends in the same building."

We continued down the hall until we got to my apartment door, "Well this is me." He handed me my milk and nodded.

"I'll be off then..."

"Maggie," I whispered.

"Well Maggie, hope to see you again," He smiled, "It's Ben by the way."

"Bye Ben."