†Episode 5†

I have begun to worry about the twins, there is a bit of tension between them. No one else seems to notice maybe I am imagining it but it doesn't seem the same between the two cheerful twins. I was serving them tea in music room three watching them both take out identical hats and place them on their heads.
"Let's all play the "which one is Hikaru?" game." They said cheerfully. "So, can you tell which one of us is Hikaru?"
"Well, it's hard to say."
"You're identical." The girls around them chirped.
"Many ladies have tried to tell us apart, but so far none have succeeded." The twins told them
"That's the dumbest game I've ever heard of." Haruhi said walking passed, I watched the scene play out.
"Misaki?" I turned to see Kyoya looking at me motioning me to come sit by him. I walked over tearing my gaze away from the twins.
"Yes Kyoya?" I asked sitting down.
"You never told any of us that you had a job, or that you got fired from that job," I froze, my eyes widened and I visibly paled if that were possible.
"I- Um, How?" I stuttered quietly.
"I have my sources, where you in need of a job?" I looked at him a bit quizzically still not recovering from my shock. I didn't answer his question.
"What else do you know? About me I mean?" I asked slightly glaring.
"Well I know lots about you but you are still quiet a mystery to me Misaki, I could only find a file that matched Haruhi's and that you recently got fired, there is also reports about you having to visit the emergency room multiple times, I also know that you lied about that fight with those two guys I watched the tape the punch hit you and he slapped you but surprisingly you have no bruise," He explained. I glared at him.
"Do not tell anyone about the job, the hospital anything, and none of his hit's really hit me that's why I'm not bruised, and stop trying to figure out my life, my life is my business, do not tell anyone especially my family," I snarled, I got up leaving him with a shocked face and before he could reply Tamaki's voice interrupted him.
"Hikaru, Kaoru! When I gave you control of the club's website, I did it so on one condition that you take it seriously!" He yelled glaring at them.
"We take our job very seriously, boss." Hikaru told him.
"In fact, last night we worked on it till dawn." Kaoru finished. Tamaki held up a photo of Haruhi with no shirt, it was photo shopped of course you couldn't see her chest in the picture but she had more of a male structure.
"Is this what you worked so hard to create?" Tamaki asked
"You look great, Haru-chan." Honey said as he walked towards the group. I still had an angry expression on my face from Kyoya. Kyoya stood behind me watching the scene silently. Damn him, he has the nerve to confront me about my past, look into my past that snoop. Arg he made me so angry. My hands clenched into fists. That's when I felt someone's hand on mine I looked down to see Honey. "Misa-chan are you alright?" I picked him up and spun him around casuing the club to look at us.
"Of course Honey, I'm fine," I told him. He laughed and hugged me rubbing his cheek to mine as I wrapped my arms around him smiling. I felt a hand on my shoulder I turned to see Mori. Honey saw Mori and jumped from my arms to his.
I noticed everyone watching us and I shrugged.
"As we were saying, in order to entertain oneself in this otherwise boring life..." Hikaru started
"...one must find himself stimulating toys." Kaoru finished. Hikaru dragged me over to stand by Haruhi. Kaoru put his arm around me and Hikaru did the same but he stood on the other side of us.
"You two are our toys!" They said together.
"I am not your toy!" Haruhi said. I just sighed and attempted to break out of their grip but Hikaru took his arm off of Haruhi's shoulder and gripped my shoulders tightly I blushed slightly. I noticed Takashi glare at Hikaru and his grip loosened on me slightly. What is going on between those two? A new voice interrupted us.
"You want a toy? Toys... toys... If you like toys, then you should come and visit my black magic club. We've opened a marketplace that boasts black magic items from across the globe. We're also holding mass around the clock. If you visit right now, I'll even throw in a free curse doll. You could have Belzenef as your free gift." The guy spoke to us through a crack in the door and he was holding up a small cat puppet that I assumed was Belzenef.
"Why is he talking to us through a crack in the door?" Haruhi asked.
"Wait a second. Has that door always been there?" The twins asked, I had just been thinking the same thing, Hikaru's grip on me lossened and the second it did Takashi pulled me so I stood beside him again.
"Nekozawa senpai likes to hide. He doesn't really care for brightly-lit places." Kyoya said. I remembered him being there and my fists clenched again. I saw Takashi look down at me from the corner of my eye but I ignored him.
"Don't get involved with that guy, Haruhi or you Misa-chan. If you do, you'll end up being cursed." Tamaki said looking slightly scared.
"Do you have any basis for that?" Haruhi asked.
"Yes. It happened during final exams at the end of the last school year. Oooh, it's terrifying just to talk about it. On that fateful day, I accidentally stepped on that weirdo Nekozawa's cursed doll, Belzenef. Afterward, I took my exam and the entire test was written in some strange lettering. I looked at the others around me for help and I realized I knew none of them. I was all alone in a different dimension." Tamaki explained
"Scary!" Honey exclaimed gripping my shirt. I looked down on him and patted his head.
"Did that really happen to you?" Haruhi asked
"That only happened because you were so scared you accidentally walked into the beginning Greek class and took their exam." I sweat dropped at Kyoya's words. Of course that happened and I was just beginning to believe him, stupid.
"No! It was a curse! I know because three days later, I woke up and my legs were as heavy as lead! Just how do you explain that?" Tamaki shouted.
"Your legs were heavy because you ran a marathon the day before, remember?" Kyoya explained. Damn did this guy know everything!
"You shouldn't underestimate the dark powers of Berzenef, the curse doll. All you have to do is write the name of someone you hate on his back, then that person is certain to come face to face with misfortune." Nekozawa explained. Maybe I should get one of those and write Kyoya's name on the back. Alright I didn't really mean that but I was just so angry at him, I had no privacy what if he told Haruhi that I was working she would tell dad and dad would make me feel bad about it. But I would feel worse that he and Haruhi were doing everything and I would officially be dead weight to them both and I cant let that happen.
"Wow, this guy really is dark, in more ways than one. I don't like the way he's staring at Misa-chan." I hear Hikaru whisper. Was Nekozawa really staring at me? I looked towards him and noticed that he was.
"I agree Supposedly he hates bright lights. I wonder what he'll think of this." Kaoru said turning a flashlight on and off. Then the went over and put it in his face then turned it on. Nekozawa ran from the room.
"You murderers!" He shouted I glared and walked over hitting them both on the head.
"How on earth could you two do such a thing that was so mean!" I told them using a normal voice. They both had their hands on their heads and everyone was staring at me. Tamaki looked at me with awe. Then he ran towards me and hugged me.
"Misa-chan your so cute your voice you sound just like a little doll why don't you talk more often?" Tamaki said spinning me in circles.I didn't reply. He let go of me and took my hand. "I'm sorry did I scare you please talk please talk again," He said. He went to his corner f woe when I didn't say anything.
"Hey, Haruhi, Misa-chan we've got a favor to ask you." Hikaru and Kaoru said together we both looked at them as I walked to stand beside Haruhi.
"What is it?" Haruhi asked.
"The next time we get a day off..." Hiakru started
"...can we come over here to your place to hang out?" Kaoru finished.
"Why would you want to do that?" Haruhi asked as I shook my head.
"We're curious. We want to see where you live." Kaoru said.
"No way." Haruhi and I said together.
"Aw, pretty please?" They whinned.
"No way You guys are just gonna make fun of me." Haruhi said.
"Please Misa-chan?" They asked each taking one of my hands. I glared and they went back to beggin Haruhi, Tamaki then came out of his corner.
"I too have been thinking that it's about time I pay my respects to the beloved Fujioka family." He stated
"No way in hell, senpai." Haruhi stated.
"We can settle this with a game. If you can't pick up which one of us is Hikaru, then your penalty will be the two of us coming over to your house later tonight." They said putting on their hats.
"Okay, so which one of us is Hikaru?"
"This one's Kaoru. This one's Hikaru." Haruhi stated in a matter of fact tone.
"Oh oh, you got it wrong." They stated together
"No, I know I'm right. You guys may look alike. But you're very different." Haruhi said. "It is like me and Misa we are both very different even though we are Identical twins, besides when she had longer hair we were way different, if it were a bit shorter we would be identical, but we are still very, very different," I nodded.
"How did you do that, Haruhi? Whenever they wear those hats to cover which way they part their hair, it's practically impossible to try and figure out which twin is Hikaru and which one is Kaoru." A girl asked. Oh right they were here.
"Hmmm, oh, how do I put it? It's kind of difficult to explain, but Hikaru's speech and actions make him come across a little more mischievous than Kaoru. Plus I guess it's just a twin thing, I hate it when Misa and I are mixed up," She said my eyes widened a bit, she hated being mistaken for me, was there something wrong with me? She hate me I knew it. She noticed my expression and quickly ran over to me lifting my head up to face her. "Misa that wasn't what I meant I didn't mean it like that I just-" She hugged me. "I'm sorry Misa," She said, I heard awe's erupt from around us. Then the focus was turned back on the twins as Haruhi stopped hugging me and held my hand.
"I'm sorry, Hikaru. I don't mean to laugh." Kaoru said giggling slightly.
"Well, I don't see what's so funny. I'm honest, I speak my mind, and I don't hold back. It's sneaky people like Kaoru who are the trouble makers." He said. Uh oh I don't see this going well. I let go of Haruhi's hand.
"Don't turn this on me, Hikaru. After all, I'm the one who's always going along with all of your selfish games." Kaoru said defensively.
"I may suggest them, but you are the one who really gets into them, Kaoru. If you hate it so much, then why don't you just stop?" Hikaru yelled. They were yelling, they were fighting why? Make them stop! I shouted in my head. I hated it when people fought, anyone my mom and dad always fought about me. My mom wanted to keep my inside when she was alive she wouldn't let me go outside I never understood why. Haruhi never knew that they fought I don't think she knew anyway, they always played the happy family around her. I put my hands to my ears and shut my eyes tightly. I felt someone hug me, I wasn't sure who since my eyes were closed but I didn't move away until I heard them stop yelling.
"Make it stop," I whispered into the person's chest.
"Misa-chan they stopped fighting, Misa-chan what's wrong?" I heard honey ask I hesitantly took my hands off my ears and opened my eye and the person let go of me I saw it was Takashi, I blushed slightly.
"I'm sorry," I told them Haruhi hugged me.
"I know you hate it when people fight," She said, I hugged her tightly. They were brother's why did they have to fight; they acted as if they hated each other. There yelling brought back to many painful memories.

The next day I sat with Haruhi in our classroom.
"Hey Misa-chan. Good morning." I turned to see a pink haired Hikaru. "Good morning Haruhi." Hebetween Haruhi and I.
"Hikaru, what in the world happened to your hair? Why is it dyed pink?"
"Cause pink suits me. Don't you think it's cute? From now on, I'm the pink haired twin. I didn't wanna be mistaken for that Kaoru for the rest of my life, you know." Hikaru said winking at me.
"Good morning, Haruhi, Morning Misa-chan," Kaoru said
"So, Kaoru's the blue twin?" I asked.
"I was finally able to sleep all by myself last night. But I ended up having a nightmare. I dreamt that my stylist had dyed my hair pink. It was so garish and ridiculous looking I woke up screaming." Kaoru said sitting in his place beside Haruhi. The teacher didn't want them sitting together because they caused to much trouble.

When Lunch came Haruhi and I sat down with our boxed lunches and watched as the twins walked up to the counter to order their lunches.
"I'll have the A lunch. No, give me the B pasta and the D salad! I'll take the F capellini with the barbarie duck! Hold on, make it a foie gras in perigueux sauce! Stop copying me! Why don't you just leave me alone?"
"Amazing. Perfect unison even when fighting." Haruhi pointed out, I was a bit skeptical this seemed like it was planned.
"Yeah Perfect," I replied.
"I was wondering what all the fuss was about. I can't believe the two of you are still fighting. You're a disgrace to the host club." Tamaki said walking into the Cafeteria with the other members.
"Hey, look who it is."
"Oh, I love them."
"I've never seen all them together like that." People gushed
Honey then stood in between the twins holding up a cake.
"We've had enough of this. You're both to blame for this fight. Hika-chan and Kao-chan, I want you to make up and go halfsies on this cake, 'kay? But I want to have a piece too. So I guess we're going to have to go thirdsies. We're not going to be able to split the strawberry on top, though. What should we do? Maybe I should just take it. After all, strawberry is all my favorite. Oh, I forgot to ask. Hika-chan, Kao-chan, do you like strawberries?" He said, the twins ignored him and continued to glare hatefully at each other.
"Honey, sweetie you're-" I started,
"You're just making it worse. Leave them alone." Takashi said moving Honey from in between the twins. I looked at him blushing slightly. We had pretty much just finished each other's sentence.
"Oh, Haruhi! How do I expect to run into you in the dining hall?" Tamaki said just noticing her.
"I was worried about those two. So, Misa and I followed them here without even thinking. I always bring a box lunch and I was just gonna eat it in my classroom." Haruhi explained.
"A boxed lunch?" Tamaki asked. I nodded.
"I usually make lunch for both Haruhi and I," I told them quietly. I was then pulled over to the lunch table by Hikaru.
"Misa-chan, you wanna sit here with me?" Hikaru asked getting a bit to close to me. I felt a blush creep onto my face.
"Um, I guess Hikaru-kun" I replied moving away from him slightly.
"So what's that? What'd you bring for lunch?" He asked.
"Well this morning I made a Bento for Haruhi and I, It just has a couple Onigiri which I shaped into a Panda and it has some fish with cooked vegetables," I told him The Host club all looked at the lunch curiously as I opened it.
"You wanna switch with me? I had to order something different than Kaoru, so I ended up with stuff I don't really like." Hikaru asked pushing his lunch away.
"Well you can just have this I'm not hungry, maybe Haruhi would like you lunch though I'm not sure if she likes my cooking much, she is the best cook in the house," I said truthfully. The rest of the Host club sat down at the table Hikaru and I were at.
"That's fine with me." Hikaru gave her the lunch pushing her boxed lunch away. She took a bite of the new food. "This is really magnificent. I've never tried anything like this before. It tastes like something I would get at a fancy restaurant, Misa I think I like your cooking better though," She said, I shook my head.
"Oh please Haruhi you are the cook in our family and I will never be as good as..." I trailed off. I was going to say my mother, she was an amazing cook.
"Delicious. It's delicious, isn't it, Haruhi? I'm so glad you like it. I want you to eat like that every day. Well played, Hikaru. I will also be bold enough to try Misa's famous Panda shaped Ongiri I'm sure it is delicious, Hikaru trade with me," Tamaki said apparently not noticing the unwanted boxed lunch that sat in front of him.
"No way." Hiakru snapped at him.
"Come on, trade with me." Tamaki whinned.
"Forget about it."
"So, Haruhi, is that any good? How would you like to taste mine? Here." Kaoru said holding out a spoonful of food. Hikaru got in front of Haruhi taking the mouthful.
"Quit butting in. Get lost, Kaoru." He said with his mouthful. The twins glared and Kaoru picked up his pudding and threw it at Hikaru expecting to hit him, but Hikaru pulled Tamaki in front of him so it hit him in the face I got up and left just as Haruhi did. I kept my head down as I left the Cafeteria.

After school we had a Host club meeting, I sat beside Honey who was playing with Usa-chan and Mori stood behind us. Kyoya sat across from Haruhi playing with a calculator.
"Looking at the numbers, if the situation isn't resolved, I'm afraid we're going to have to stop offering our brotherly love package. We're down one pair of loving brothers. Oh, Haruhi, I just want you to know there's no reason for you to feel responsible. Even though it was your tactless comment that started this whole feud between the twins in the first place, right?" Kyoya said I glared hatefully at him.
"Stop blaming Haruhi Kyoya," I told him. He looked at me innocently as I crossed my arms across my chest.
"It's weird for Hika-chan and Kao-chan to be fighting like this. It's never happened before." Honey said I turned to him along with Haruhi.
"They've never fought before?" She asked. Honey shook his head
"I've known Hika-chan and Kao-chan since we were in pre-school. We weren't in the same year, so I never really got to talk to them. But I remember that the two of them always played together." Honey explained.
"Yeah, that's true. I mean, I've only known the twin since they were in middle school, but they definitely stood out. It seemed like they kept everyone at a distance except each other. Believe it or not, they were even more warped back then. When you stop and think about it, maybe this fight is a good thing for them. Maybe it means that the twins are expanding their horizons a bit. We should just leave them alone and let them work it out." Tamaki explained.
"Who knows? Maybe it is a turn for the better. But if this really is their first fight, they probably need someone to tell them when it's time to give in and call it quits. And if they've never fought before, would they even know how to make up?" Haruhi said.
"Do you and Haruhi-chan ever fight Misa-chan?" Honey asked. Harui and I looked at each other debating weather we should answer. Everyone stared at us, at the same time Haruhi and I broke eye contact, Haruhi shook her head.
"No we don't, at least not like the twins are now," She answered I nodded, we had made it quiet obvious that we had fought like this before with our five minute stare down. It's true Haruhi and I had fought before, and it wasn't just a little argument we didn't speak to each other for a month. It was torture, that was the last time we fought. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Tamaki's voice.
"Don't you guys think that maybe it's time you give up all this fighting? It's driving me insane." Tamaki said, I heard an angry sigh and looked up to see Hikaru glaring, at Tamaki.
"What'd you say? It's driving you insane? You've gotta be kidding me. How do you think I feel right now? Every time I look in the mirror, I see his face. I'm sick and tired of constantly being mistaken for you, Kaoru! The truth is I hate your guts!" Hikaru shouted at Kaoru. I felt like crying. This was bringing back to many memories the hatred Hikaru seem to feel for his brother was once like the hatred I had felt for my own twin sister.
"You took the words right out of my mouth. In fact, I hate you so much I bought this, Belzenef, the curse doll. I'm going to complete the curse, Hikaru. I'm going to write your name on his back. From this day forward, you're going to experience nothing but misfortune and sorrow!" My eyes widened a bit, bringing a stupid toy into a fight, I got up while they were yelling at each other. They began throwing things again. I walked over to Hikaru and put my hand on his, I had tears in my eyes I hugged him wrapping my arms around him.
"Please, please stop fighting," I begged they had both stopped and were looking at me. "Your brother's, best friends, you are supposed to love each other and be there for each other, you are supposed to be someone Kaoru can trust, someone he can talk to about anything," I buried my face into his chest. "Please stop fighting!" I said a bit louder so Kaoru could hear me.
"Misa," I heard Hikaru say then I felt him hug me.
"She's right, and you don't bring something like this into a petty fight. Both of you are at fault here but what's really sad is that you brought everyone else around you into your big mess! Now apologize to each other! If you don't make up right now, I'll never let you come over to my house. Have I made myself clear?" Haruhi asked taking Belzenef from Kaoru. Hikaru immediately stopped hugging me and both him and his twin went to stand in front of Haruhi. I looked at the floor and rubbed my eyes before I started crying, Haruhi was looking at me a bit worried.
"So then what you're saying, Haruhi, is that if we make up, we can come over to your place?" Hikaru and Kaoru said in union. I knew it this was a trick.
"I'm so sorry, Kaoru. Even though I was just following our script, I said such awful things to you. I'm not fit to be your brother." Hikaru said. Honey walked over to me.
"Misa-chan are you alright?" He asked I piced him up spinning him around.
"Just a little upset Honey-pie" I said.
"Don't say that, Hikaru. I was so worried. I couldn't live with myself if I ever thought I had hurt you." Kaoru said. I squeezed Honey a bit tighter. It was all an act and I was so worried that they would turn out like Haruhi and I had.
"Kaoru, I'll never let you go again." Hikaru said
"You gotta be kidding. You mean you guys were faking it this whole time?" Honey asked glaring at them.
"We didn't have anything else to do. We were bored." They said.
"You two almost made Misa-chan cry because you were bored?" Honey glared at them and everyone backed away from us a bit, it was a little scary. I kissed Honey's forehead.
"Honey-pie I wasn't going to cry I was just upset," I told him he wrapped his arms around my neck and put his head on my shoulder I could tell he was still glaring.
"They totally fooled me." Haruhi said looking at the back of the doll.
"Twins with too much time on their hands... are the devil." Tamaki said. Haruhi turned to look at the twins.
"I want you to apologize to Misa she doesn't like it when people fight," Haruhi ordered. The twins stood in front of me.
"We are sorry Misa-chan we weren't aware that this would affect you so much, why did it affect you?" The asked together.
"This isn't necessary you two, Haruhi, I, I didn't," I sighed trying to say something. "I'm sorry Haruhi, you know I hadn't meant it right?" I asked. She nodded.
"Let the past go Misaki you have to get over it, the present is what matters," She said glaring slightly. I nodded and put Honey down.
"Right the present," I said quietly to myself.