Asgard Again

Hela was still lying awake far after the Avengers were in bed. Fury had told her that she would be going back to Asgard. She would be back at S.H.I.E.L.D. later on, but until then she would live in Asgard. School would be taken care of in the mean time.

She didn't know what to think. Asgard was the place she had gotten to see her father again. That was where he had been locked away. Was he still there? If so, where?

She was partly happy to go back to Asgard. The place had been so peaceful and beautiful. It had been where she felt like herself.

She was to leave tomorrow, that had been what Fury said. So now she was going to leave for Asgard. Again.

She frowned and sat up. She couldn't sleep, she knew it. Then a thought occurred to her. She smiled lightly and crept out of the room in her night gown. Where would a phone be? She padded down the metallic halls of S.H.I.E.L.D. until she found the lab.

Tony's phone.

He had a habit of leaving it there by accident. She slipped inside and looked around the dimly lit room. No one was inside, telling her that the Science Bros had called it a night. This was good.

Her eyes wandered around the room and found the cell phone tossed lazily on a table. Hela grinned. She made the distance over to the room and climbed up on a chair to get to the phone. She grabbed it and ran out the door, back to her room.

Once she was inside, she crawled under the blankets and turned it on. Hela's eyes widened and her face turned red at Tony's choice of a screen saver. "Pepper would not be pleased, Mr. Stark," she said quietly and shook her head.

Hela pulled a slip of paper out from her desk and held it to the light. There, in sloppy handwriting, was a phone number. She grinned and dialed William's number quickly.

"Hello?" mumbled a groggy voice from the other line. Hela recognized the voice right away. She grinned widely.

"Will?" she asked, "Will, is that you?"

There was a short pause, and then, "Hela? Do you know what time it is?" The girl's grin widened and she chuckled.

"I had to talk to you," she replied. "Will, it looks like I won't be coming to school any time soon. I'm going off again." She pulled the blanket over her head and sat with her legs crossed. "I think I'll be back within the next few weeks, though."

 She leaned back on her pillow, waiting for a reply. "Wow, really?" the boy answered, "That stinks. Things are boring without you there."

Hela sighed and then smiled. The two talked for the next hour about everything. They laughed, joked, and giggled the whole time. Hela felt a weight off her shoulders and she found herself finally getting tired.

"Well," Will said, "I have to go. Mom's yelling at me to get off the phone. Good night, Hela."

"Good night, Will," she replied and hung up. She tossed Tony's phone onto the table lazily, not caring if he found it there. Besides, she doubted he would want Pepper to find those pictures on that phone of his. She smirked at that thought, curled up into bed, and finally fell asleep.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Hela woke up with someone standing over her. She looked up to see Tony standing at her bed with a frown. "Did you take my phone?" he asked, his eyebrow cocked. Hela smirked lightly.

"Don't know what you're talking about," she replied sweetly. The billionaire scowled and grabbed the phone off the table before stomping off. Hela sat up and chuckled. For a genius, he could be an idiot.