Was I Hit By A Truck?

Hela woke up with a headache. She groaned quietly and rubbed her head, refusing to open her eyes just yet. Everything was a blur. She remembered going back to Earth and then going to her room after talking to Captain America. Then it got fuzzy.

She opened her eyes and looked around. She wasn't in her bedroom, and she wasn't in her room at Asgard either. It was a small room that was mostly empty, save for a bed, desk, and wardrobe. The walls were wood and so was the floors. There was no window, just a door at the end of the room.

Then it all came back.

Reading through the book, finding out about Loki, and then him lunging at her and passing out. Just thinking about it made her dizzy.

Hela looked around again. She felt sick. Where was she? What had happened? What did Loki do to her? She sat up an threw the blankets off her. The room was reeling but she stood anyway. She had to get to the door.

Hela reached out and stumbled toward the door, praying it'd open. She jiggled the handle and yanked the door open. The hall was dark in front of her. Hela stumbled out the door. She was sure she was walking like Tony did when he'd had too much to drink, but she didn't care. She just wanted out.

She hurried down the hall, tripping over her own feet. She felt like she was going to be sick and the world was blurry because of her headache. Hela reached out and grabbed the wall for support as she continued to go down the hall.

There was still no sign of Loki, which was a good thing. She wanted to get out quickly, without trouble, and call S.H.I.E.L.D. She'd deal with everything else later.

 Hela stumbled and glanced up to see a staircase leading down. She moaned, not sure if she could even get down the stairs but willing to try for freedom. Taking a breath, she grabbed onto the railing and took a careful step down.

The world was still spinning and she had to close her eyes tightly for a moment. Her breathing had sped up and she could feel her heart pounding. What was wrong with her?

"Hela!" a voice called. She turned once to see a panicked Loki come hurrying over to her but quickly turned, trying to take another step down. This time she lost her grip on the railing and started to fall.

Hela let out a yelp as two arms grabbed her and pulled her back up to the top of the stairs. She felt her knees buckle and would have fallen if Loki hadn't been holding onto her. She squirmed in an attempt to get loose. "Let me go!" she screamed.

"Calm down, you're still dizzy," he mumbled. She growled and tried to hit his arms away. Nothing was working though. She felt the world lurch and reel around her. Her eyes widened as black and red spots clouded her vision.

Loki sighed and carefully knelt down beside her. "Hela, just sit still. You aren't well enough to move around yet."

Hela moaned and grabbed her head. She flinched as the pounding in her head got worse with every movement she made. The dizziness was getting to be too much. The black dots in her vision were getting worse, too.

"Was I hit by a truck or something?" she asked. Her voice sounded drowsy and far away. She heard a distant chuckle from Loki.

"No, Hela, you were not hit by a truck."

She felt a hand lay on her forehead and smooth her hair back. The feeling was comforting and Hela closed her eyes again. The feeling was too much.

With a last groan, Hela felt herself being lifted off the ground before once again blacking out.

To say Hela was confused was an understatement. She woke up and blinked, looking around to see that she was in the room she'd woken up in. The room wasn't spinning anymore, though she still had a lingering headache.

She sat up and rubbed her head. The room was dark, the only light coming from a dim lamp. Hela blinked multiple times as she realized what had just happened.

She'd been kidnapped by her criminal father. She wasn't entirely sure why, but Hela felt anger boil within her. She growled quietly and threw the blankets off her once more.

She stomped over to the door and yanked at the handle. This time it wouldn't open. Hela grabbed at the handle and pulled, but it was locked tightly. She scowled and kicked it once before sitting back on the bed.

Hela wasn't sure how long she sat there. It could have been hours or just a few minutes. It felt like an eternity to her. The worst part was all she could do was wait around until Loki came back. If he came back. Hela didn't know what the man was planning.

She remembered how cold he was when they first met. That was her only true memory of him, and it wasn't very pleasant.

The door clicked and opened to reveal Loki. He walked in slowly, watching Hela carefully. She glared back at him, deciding that she was not staying here very soon. All she wanted was to go home.

"Hela," he said carefully. The girl looked up at him with a harsh glare.

"Take me home," she snapped. Loki looked taken aback for a quick second, but quickly recovered and folded his arms behind his back.

"I have. You are home."

Hela jumped up from the bed and glared at him. She was sure that if looks could kill, Loki would be very dead. "No, I mean take me back home to S.H.I.E.L.D!"

Loki took in a patient breath and looked down at her with slightly raised eyebrows. "That is not your home, Hela."

"It's the only home I've ever had, so yes, it is my home," she shot back. Then without waiting for him to say anything more, she ran by him.

"Hela!" he shouted as she ran down the hall. The door was at the bottom of the stairs. She just had to get outside. Then she would scream, shout, and run as fast as possible for help. She already heard him behind her.

Things were easier now that the entire world didn't feel as though it were a carnival ride. She made it down the stairs and raced down the hall toward the front door. As soon as she made it outside though, her steps faltered.

There was no help.

The house was in the middle of a forest. Panicking, Hela began to run toward the tree line, hearing Loki right behind her. She tripped over something. A rock, or a root maybe. Whatever it was, she fell into a pile of leaves.

Loki was standing right above her within seconds. "Stay away from me!" she shrieked. The girl jumped back up and started to run once more. This time, Loki grabbed her.

"No, let go," she shouted. Loki's grip tightened slightly on her arms.

"Stop arguing," he muttered, sounding halfway annoyed, and began to pull her back inside. Hela screamed and began to kick at him. He growled. "Stop it," he snapped.

Hela shouted and kicked at his legs furiously. She didn't want to go back inside. Her eyes searched for something to help her, but there was nothing. The large house was surrounded by trees that had begun to lose their leaves.

Loki, seemingly annoyed, looped an arm around her and picked her up. Hela screamed and slapped at his hand as he half carried, half dragged her back inside. Once they were inside he hurried to carry her back up the stairs.

"Hela, stop," he snapped. She hadn't stopped kicking him or slapping his arms. She was growing more and more panicked with every second.

Sighing, Loki dragged her back into the room she'd woken up in and set her on the bed. She made to jump back up, but he pushed her down again. Without waiting, he walked back out of the room and shut the door.

Hela heard the lock click and screamed.

She fell back on the bed, a scowl on her face. She had no idea where she was, but she doubted civilization was very close. So, with a sigh, she decided something else. If she was going to stay here, she was going to give Loki the hardest time possible.