Being Difficult

Hela sat alone on the bed with her legs pulled up to her chest. She had been at the house for almost two days now, and so far she'd refused to speak and eat. Whenever she did speak it was something quite rude and snappy. Loki usually stormed out of the room in a huff. It was actually amusing.

She closed her eyes and ignored the rumbling in her stomach. She was starving, but she was not going to give in. She'd rather starve to death before she gave in.

Loki had so far kept the door locked until he came in to check on her, which was two or three times a day. Hela could tell he was losing all patience. He'd come in with food and practically beg her to eat, but she'd only stare straight ahead.

She hadn't tried to escape anymore. In fact, she hardly moved. Hela still hoped that maybe he'd get the message and take her back, though it didn't seem likely.

Her eyes wandered around the room. The only light was from the lamp on the desk. Hela wished there was a window to look out of. She felt cramped in the room. There was nowhere to get air and she found it difficult to breathe at times.

There was a click of the lock and the door opened. Loki walked in, a slight frown on his face and holding a plate of what Hela guessed was bread. It smelled wonderful and she felt the hunger of the past two days hit her hard. Still, she didn't look up at him.

Loki let out an annoyed sigh and strode over to her. "All right, Hela, this has gone on long enough, you have to eat." He set the plate on the bedside table and stood over her with folded arms. Hela had to admit, he was an intimidating man. He was tall, and at the moment seemed to loom over her.

She refused to look up at him though. She knew he was glaring at her with green eyes much like her own. It wasn't hard to guess just how irritated he was with her.

"Hela, if you don't eat, you'll die." She shrugged, the only indication that she'd even heard him, and continued to stare blankly at nothing.

Loki let out a quiet growl and crouched down enough so that he could see her. His eyes softened and he sighed, rubbing his face. "You have to eat, Hela," he whispered.

Her eyes narrowed at him and she folded her arms, finally saying, "I don't have to do anything you say!" She saw Loki's eyes narrow as well and she resisted the urge to cringe. Now he just looked angry and frustrated.

"Just eat, Hela." She scowled for a moment before pursing her lips together tightly and raising an eyebrow. She sat back on the bed and attempted to pretend he wasn't even there. She heard him let out a huff before standing up to full height again.

Loki stared at her for the longest time. It was hard to tell what he was thinking. He looked angry at first glance, but Hela could see more. True, there was anger, but there was also frustration, sadness, pain, and more.

Hela was beginning to get unnerved by his stare. Finally he took in a breath. "Hela, I'm telling you now, you have to eat."

Hela simply pressed her lips together as if to say she refused to eat and laying back on the bed. He let out a sigh. "Fine."

Hela closed her eyes, thinking he'd once again given up. Then, out of nowhere, Loki grabbed her and picked her up. Hela's eyes snapped open and she writhed around in an attempt to pull away.

Loki sat down, and to her dismay sat her on his lap. Hela's eyes widen and she squirmed around to get away from him, already realizing what he was trying.

Panicking, Hela pressed her lips together as tightly as she could manage as Loki reached over and grabbed the plate of bread.

"Hela, please, just eat," he said, sighing. Hela went rigid and glared at the plate as though it were poison. For all she knew, it could have been. She clenched her jaw and turned her head away from it, glaring hatefully at the wall.

Loki sighed and shifted her so she was facing the plate beside her. She resisted the urge to scream at him, intent on not making anything easy on him. He let out a frustrated grunt before looking at her. "Eat, Hela."

In reply, the girl narrowed her eyes, turned her head away, and squirmed around in an attempt to get loose again. He held her in place and hesitantly picked up a piece of bread.

Hela spared a glance at Loki and noticed that he looked extremely lost. She guessed that war criminals weren't cut out for this sort of thing and tried to scoot off of him quickly. Loki looped an arm around her and pulled her back into place, seemingly determined this time.

"Hela, you have to eat, now stop being so difficult." She growled quietly and pushed his hand away from her face, making him drop the piece of bread as she did. He sighed and picked the bread up, now glaring at her.

He sighed and once again held the bread near her face. She narrowed her eyes at it and attempted to slap it away, this time ending with Loki grabbing both her arms and leaving her with no defense at all. "Well, Hela?"

She stared at the bread for a moment before glaring at him and turning her head away. Loki sighed through his nose and gently took her jaw. She made a soft groaning sound, dreading every second of this and still trying to squirm away.

Hela clamped her mouth shut and sat rigid as her father pulled her back. She wanted to get away from him. She wanted to be in her room at S.H.I.E.L.D., surrounded by her sketches and safe. Instead she was sitting in the lap of her criminal father, the God of Mischief.

Loki didn't seem about to give up, but neither was Hela. The two argued and squirmed around for a good fifteen minutes before Loki seemed to be getting the hang of how she worked. Finally he pulled her back against him so she couldn't move and held the bread to her face.

"Open," he ordered. She glared and tried to move her head out of the way, which at this point was pointess. She glared at him, jaw clenched and hateful glint in her eye. Loki arched an eyebrow at her and tapped her jaw with one finger. With a last growl, she opened her mouth slightly.

Loki gave a triumphant smile and held the bread to her mouth. Trying to hold her head back, she finally let him give her the bread.

For someone who hadn't eaten at all in two days, Hela had a very sour look on her face. It wasn't that the bread was bad, it tasted wonderful. But the simple feeling of defeat put her in a bad mood. What made her worse was Loki sitting there with her until every piece was gone.

Once she'd forced down the last piece, Loki let her go and she was quick to crawl away from him, a scowl on her face. Loki raised an eyebrow at the look, looking amused. "Was that so hard?"

She growled in response and folded her arms. Rolling his eyes, Loki reached over and picked up a cup of water before handing it to her with an arched eyebrow. This time she didn't even bother arguing. She took a big drink and handed it back to him, annoyance still written all over her face.

Loki sighed and stood before walking out of the room, making sure to lock the door behind him. Hela grumbled some and fell back against the bed, already thinking of ways to get back at her father.

Hello, everyone. Allright, so at this point, I have writer's block. Does anyone have any ideas, or even a request of some sort? I'm open to both. Thanks to everyone for their support, and please, tell me what you think.