Meeting the Family

Hela woke up that morning in a rush. Her emerald eyes popped open and she grinned from ear to ear. She would be going to Asgard today.

She sat up and quickly got dressed, pulled her hair up in pig tails, and ran out toward the kitchens. Unfortunately for her, Tony was sitting there, looking half asleep, drinking something.

She passed him completely and went to get cereal.

"You know, there are more things to drink? Ever tried coffee?" she said, trying to keep the sincerity in her tone. Tony gave her a glance before he went back to his computer.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" he asked, though he sounded completely uninterested. Hela poured a bowl of cereal and sat down.

"Uncle is taking me to Asgard," she said matter-of-factly. She took a large bite of her cereal and glanced at the computer. She understood little to nothing of it.

"Oh? I pity Asgard." His words were barely audible, but she'd heard it. Hela ignored the hurt in his words and took another bite of cereal.

"So, did you ever get the paint off your suit?" she mocked, looking him square in the eye. He set his jaw, and more a moment Hela was a bit scared of him. Then the fear passed and she smirked at him. "Is that a no?"

When there was no reply, Hela returned to eating. Stark really did seem to hate her. She just wasn't sure why. Hela had done nothing to him in the beginning, and yet he still resented her. He had always been this way with her.

Wordlessly, Hela stood and put the bowl in the sink. Tony was still sitting there, squinting at his computer when she left. Now she just had to go meet with her uncle.

She passed Natasha and smiled at her in the hallway. "See you Sunday, Nat." Natasha looked at her and sent her a half smile.

"Right. Try to behave, okay?" With that, she continued down the hall. Hela rolled her eyes some. Did everyone think she'd do something horrible?

Her uncle was waiting there like he said he would be, just outside. She found herself running to him in her excitement. He looked down at her and grinned. "Are you ready to go?" he asked. She nodded her head enthusiastically and smiled.

"Yes, of course I am, uncle, let's go!"

Thor laughed at her and took her hand. He looked up at the sky and called out, "Heimdall! We're ready, open the BiFrost!"

Just as Hela squinted at her uncle in confusion as to why he was screaming at the sky, a ray of light hit them and she heard thunder. Her uncle tightened his grip on her hand slightly as the Hela suddenly felt the ground leave her and they were sucked into the sky.

Hela tried to scream, but couldn't. She couldn't even breathe properly. The pressure she felt made it hard to breathe, let alone call out. She held tightly to her uncle's hand, afraid that if she let go she'd fall to her death. The light blinded her and she had to shut her eyes.

Finally, the light dimmed and she felt hard ground under her feet once more.

Slowly, Hela opened her eyes and looked around. They were in a strange dome that looked like bronze. Behind them was an opening that must have been where they'd came in at. Hela blinked and looked up at her uncle, who was grinning down at her with amusement.

"Was that fun?" he asked. She grinned some in reply and he chuckled before looking up. Hela followed his gaze to a man looking down at them with a faraway look in his eye. Then, he smiled at them.

"Welcome back, my king. I see you have brought someone with you." His gaze landed on Hela and she looked down. The man was intimidating, and suddenly she couldn't find her boldness. Thor laughed quietly.