Searching

Thor ran a hand through his hair and let out a frustrated growl. He still heard Steve's words only days ago. "Last night we got an alert that something has came to Earth. Due to what we've gathered, we think it's Loki."

And then Hela disappeared.

He knew it was his brother that had taken the girl, who else would have? He remembered how upset Loki had been when he found out where his daughter had been for the past seven years. He had wanted her back, and now he'd done it.

Thor didn't think that Loki would hurt Hela, not on purpose at least. But the man was a criminal, unfit to take care of a little girl. Especially one with power like Hela's.

A frustrated Captain America began to walk his way. Thor knew that the super soldier and Hela had been relatively close. Steve had been the only one anywhere near excited when Hela came, and the two had spent a lot of time together. He was just as upset as Thor was.

"Anything?" he asked, eyeing Steve with a hopeful look. The man sighed and shook his head, eyebrows knitted together.

"No, nothing. Loki's just vanished off the face of the planet, Hela too."

Thor scowled and rubbed his head. "They're working as fast as they can, trying to get something, anything that could lead them. But there's nothing." Steve shook his head before walking off toward the labs.

"Of course not," he muttered to himself. Loki knew what he was doing. He wanted his daughter back. Thor couldn't really blame him, either. He thought it was cruel from the beginning to take the girl, but what other choice had they had? They wanted to take her somewhere that she would be safe and could learn about her powers. S.H.I.E.L.D. had been perfect.

Until now, anyway.

Thor sighed, then an idea came to him. Perhaps Heimdall had seen something?

He hurried outside, ignoring a few strange looks. "Heimdall!" he shouted, "Bring me back!"

There was a pause, and then a loud roaring sound that was followed by a blinding flash of light. Thor held his breath and tightened his grip on his hammer as he flew through stars and space. Then finally, hit the ground.

"Welcome back, my king," said Heimdall. He looked down at Thor with that all knowing stare that used to unnerve him as a child. Now he was fond of it.

"Heimdall, Hela has been-"

"Kidnapped by her father? Yes, I know," he said, sounding thoughtful. "I had not seen that Loki had left Asgard until I saw him go into her room. He cast a spell on her to make her sleep and then left with her."

Thor's heart skipped a beat. Maybe he knew something then? "Did you see where he took her?" he asked urgently. Heimdall's shook his head sadly.

"No, afterwards they both disappeared from my vision once more."

Thor felt his heart sink. It'd all been a waste to come and ask then. Heimdall didn't know where she was either. Thor sighed. He should have known Loki would hide himself from Heimdall and S.H.I.E.L.D. "But," Heimdall started, "Every now and then I catch the smallest glimpse of them, though I can't tell where. Just a glimpse."

"How is she?" Thor asked, now curious. A smile broke out on Heimdall's face and he chuckled.

"Stubborn. And angry. They both are. They argue every time they're in a room together. She's being as stubborn as she can with him."

Thor smiled slightly and chuckled. Hela was almost as stubborn as Loki was. He was sure they'd had already more than a few fights.

"I think their main difficulty is Loki learning how to be a father. And Hela learning how to be his daughter."

There was a silence between them both before he nodded and sighed. "Right. Send me back, I need to keep searching." Heimdall nodded silently and did his normal speech, then shot him back to Midgard. Thor closed his eyes as he felt himself getting closer to Earth.

When he touched down once more he looked around the area of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nothing had changed, people were still running around and searching for his niece. He sighed and made a silent promise to Hela that he would bring her home.

Hi everyone. After consideration, I took your advice and did a chapter to show what's been going on at S.H.I.E.L.D. for the past few days. The next chapter will be back to Hela's P.O.V. I'd still like ideas, because I'm sure I'm going to need them later on. Also, tomorrow I will begin attending what the Midgardians call "High school". (Thank you, for talking mother into that William -_-) So, updates may be slower. Thank you to everyone that's been reading, and thank you for your wonderful feedback.