Chapter 12

Magnets 12

Chapter 12

Marvel POV~

I paced back and forth in the Lobby for five minutes before picking up the rose again and running up the flight of stairs to my floor. "Ezre!" I screamed, bursting in the door to find him and Johanna drinking wine together and laughing.

"Jeez, Marvel. What's wrong? Where's Roman?" I dropped the rose in my mentor's lap. "What's this?" He asked curiously and picked it up. Johanna read it over as well, sighing at the end.

"It's started," she said simply. "Roman's first 'customer'. Be prepared for heavy emotional neediness." I muttered something incoherent and dashed back downstairs in case she was back. She wasn't, of course. I sat in a lounge chair and waited. I was so restless, I moved around the entire room. I waited an hour and a half before deciding I didn't want our reunion to be in a Lobby.

I took the elevator to Roman's floor and waited inside on the couch, fully prepared to comfort her. And then, forty-five minutes later, the elevator doors opened, and Roman, my Roman, entered. I stood up and opened my arms for a hug, ready to hold her and calm her down.

"Roman." She looked at me and blinked, her face expressionless. She walked past me and sat down on the couch, flicking on the TV and watching some show about the Games. I sat beside her and turned off the TV.

"I was watching that," she said indignantly. I grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the eyes.

"Are you okay?" She shrugged me off and stalked to her room, slamming the door behind her. I listened at the door to see if she was crying. She wasn't, so I left to go to my floor.

Ezre and Johanna were on the couch, watching some Capitol show about Roman and I and analyzing our public image or something. Johanna heard me come in and turned to me. "Is Roman back?" I nodded. "Shouldn't you be with her?"

"No, she locked herself in her room. She won't talk to me." Johanna sighed.

"I'll go talk to her. She's not thinking straight. You make her feel safe." Jo got up and stepped into the elevator. I felt a warmth spread through my chest. I make Roman feel safe.

I sat on the couch next to my mentor, who'd noticed my vacant expression. "Roman's a great girl. She cries too much, but her heart's in the right place."

"She's perfect."

"You like her, don't you? She's very pretty."

"She's not pretty. She's beautiful. And yes, I like her." Seeing the question in his eyes, I added, "I like-like her. Yes."

"What do you think of Johanna?" Ezre asked me.

"She's nice, once you get to know her. Why?" Ezre didn't answer, instead looking bashfully at the couch cushion. "I mean, why ask your mentee? I haven't been a Victor as long as you."

"But you're a Victor now, and I trust your judgment. What do you think of Johanna?"

"Wait... you want to ask Johanna out?" Ezre's face turned red and he uncomfortably scratched the back of his neck with his hand.

"I'm... she's just so..."

"You don't need to justify yourself to me. You're the mentor. I think you should go for it." Ezre looked somewhat happy and turned back to the TV to hide the grin on his face. Just then, Johanna came back downstairs with a sad look on her face, shaking her head.

"Roman's holed up in her room. She won't talk to me." I stood up, glancing at the clock.

"I think I'll go next door and, um," I didn't finish my thought, but went down in the elevator to the next building over, which happened to be a dance studio. I shrugged my shoulders and went in to watch. Surprisingly, I stayed until it closed.