Kami's Lookout

Gohan tensed up and bent over so his body was protectively over Segira's, his eyes shut tightly as the nets got closer to them. But instead of feeling the metal nets falling on them, he heard several explosions around them. He didn't do anything for a while before slowly opening his eyes and looking up to see what was going on, the metal nets that were surrounding them were all gone and replaced by a thick cloud of dark smoke.

"What the...?" He thought to himself as he looked at the cloud of smoke around him and Segira in shock, now straightened up.

"Are you alright, Gohan?" He heard a familiar voice above him, drawing his attention. A man, most likely an alien, was floating above Gohan. He had green skin pointy ears, was wearing a cape and mantle, a white and dark purple turban, a loose, dark purple, V-neck tank top-like shirt with loose, dark purple pants, dark orange, brownish shoes, and a dark blue belt.

Gohan stared at the green man for a few seconds as he floated down towards them before smiling widely. "P-Piccolo! Man, am I glad to see you! I'm fine, but..." His voice trailed off and he had a worried look on his face as he looked down at Segira. "She's not doing very well... She got stabbed by a pretty long knife, and I think it went all the way through..."

Piccolo looked at Segira's face closely for a few seconds. "I see..." He looked back at Gohan. "Come on, all the smoke from the explosions should give us enough cover to get to the Lookout without them seeing us."

Gohan nodded in understanding. "Alright." Not wanting to waste any more time, they immediately took off in the direction of Kami's Lookout. "That was easy...I wish I could've done that myself..." Gohan thought to himself. The only reasons why he didn't were: he and Segira weren't close enough to conceal them both at first, there also weren't enough missiles that were close enough to them, and when he and Segira were close enough, he was holding her in his arms so he couldn't have done anything without dropping her. He sighed a bit to himself. "Whatever...we're out of there and that's what matters..." And the farther they got from where they were attacked without any indication of being shot at again, Gohan felt more and more relieved, but he was still really worried about Segira.

"So that's the girl everyone's talking about, huh?" Piccolo asked Gohan after a while, ripping Gohan out of his thoughts.

Gohan looked at Piccolo with a blank look on his face for a moment before realizing what Piccolo asked him. He looked down at Segira again, she looked like she was struggling to breathe. "Yeah..." He looked back Piccolo with a lifted eyebrow. "How did you know we were out here anyways?"

Piccolo looked at Gohan from the corner of his eye. "I sensed your energies, and I heard that both of you were in trouble. I would've come sooner, but you two were pretty far out here, so it took me a little longer to get to you." Piccolo explained before looking forward again.

Gohan blinked and stared at Piccolo for a bit longer before looking back down at Segira, her face was getting even paler and her breaths were shallow and quick, she was losing way too much blood. "Hang in there, Segira, we're almost there." He thought to himself.

"Hey, Gohan." Piccolo said again after a bit.

Gohan looked at Piccolo. "Yeah?"

"Is that knife still inside her body?"

Gohan didn't say anything for a while as he thought about that, he never pulled it out, and he didn't see her pull it out. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is." He replied after a minute or two.

Piccolo nodded. "Good, leave it there until we get her to Dende. Judging by where the splotch of blood is on her shirt, I'd say the knife is really close to, or even punctured, one of her lungs and possibly a small part of her heart. Right now, that knife is probably the main thing that's keeping her alive. If we pull it out before we get her to Dende, then her lung, and possibly her heart, if they've been hit by the knife, will be even more damaged than they already are."