A Little History Lesson

After Segira, Goku, and the others finished eating, they all went back into the living room and Goku told Segira what all had happened in the fight between her and Vegeta after she had blacked out. Segira had a look of shock when she heard what all she had done in the fight.

"So, I actually held my own against Vegeta?" She asked in disbelief.

Goku nodded. "Yeah, it was pretty amazing to see you do all that. But I had to step in at the end of the fight because Vegeta was going to try to kill you." He said.

Her eyes widened. "What!? Why did he try to kill me!? He's the one that wanted to fight me!" She said in shock.

He got frustrated when your attacks started to land and affect him, so he wanted to punish you for that by killing you." Gohan replied.

Segira looked down slowly. "Why would he do that..?" She asked quietly.

Gohan put a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. "It's just who he is. Unfortunately, he'll be like that even when you get to know him, but it won't be as bad as it is now." He told her. She nodded slowly, but she didn't say anything for a while.

After a few minutes of silence, Segira looked up at Goku with a puzzled expression when she remembered something she wanted to ask Goku. "Why did Vegeta keep calling you Kakarot? Is that a nickname for you or something?" She asked him innocently, breaking the silence.

Goku looked down at her. "He keeps calling me Kakarot because that's my Saiyan name. Goku is my earth name and I've used it ever since I came to earth as a baby, so everyone but him calls me Goku."

Segira lifted an eyebrow and looked at him in confusion. "You mean, you weren't born on earth?"

Goku shook his head. "No, I was born on Planet Vegeta, the Saiyans' home planet that was destroyed several years ago, and I was sent here to earth to wipe everyone that was here out." He scratched the side of his head and smiled a little sheepishly. "But when I got here, an old man named Gohan found me and took me in. I was actually pretty violent at first, but then something happened one day and I lost my memory. After that, I wasn't violent anymore and I grew up with Grandpa Gohan while learning martial arts." Goku explained, he was going to tell her about what had happened to his adopted grandfather, but that would lead to more explaining.

Segira looked at Gohan, who was sitting next to her on the couch. "But, his name is Gohan." She said, still confused.

Goku laughed softly. "Yeah I know, I wanted to name Gohan after my adopted grandfather when he was born."

Segira looked back at him with a puzzled look on her face. "Adopted? What does that mean?"

"It means that that you take someone in and treat them like family." Bulma said before Goku could say anything.

Segira paused for a moment and thought about that before looking down. "Oh, okay..." She said quietly.

Goku looked at her with a lifted eyebrow. "Hey, is something wrong?" He asked her.

Segira quickly looked back up at him and waved at him. "N-no, I was just curious, that's all." She said quickly.

Goku stared at her in puzzlement for a few seconds before shrugging and looking out a window as the sun slowly started to set. It had been a pretty long day, finding Segira, taking her to Other World to avoid those scientist guys, seeing her surprising first fight with Pikkon, watching her fight Vegeta, and finding out even more shocking things about her. He was pretty sure that Chi-Chi was wondering where he, Gohan, and Goten were and knew that she would through a big fit if they didn't get back.

Goku looked at Bulma. "We should probably get going, Chi-Chi's not gonna be happy with us if we come back too late." He told her, but, knowing Chi-Chi, she would be mad at them anyways.

Bulma looked back at him and nodded. "Alright, Segira can stay here and-"

"No! I want to go with Goku and Gohan! I don't want to stay here with Vegeta, he scares me..." Segira said as she hugged Gohan's arm tightly, interrupting Bulma in the middle of her sentence. Everyone looked at the shy Saiyan in shock after she yelled like that and Gohan blushed a bit when she hugged his arm.

Goku blinked and lifted an eyebrow at her. "But, you don't even know how to fly yet." He pointed out. It wasn't that he didn't want her to go with them, which he didn't really mind if she did, but he just didn't know if she would be able to fly that far and keep up with him, Gohan, and Goten.

She looked over at him. "I can learn though, right?" She asked innocently, her eyes wide and hopeful.

"Course you can, Gohan taught me how to fly and use energy blasts even though I'm a human, so it should be easy for you to learn." Videl said.

Gohan nodded. "Yeah, my dad and I can teach you no problem. Right dad?" Gohan said.

Goku looked at Gohan for a moment before looking back at Segira as she looked at him with a hopeful look on her face. It couldn't hurt to teach her how to fly, and if she wanted to come with them, then that was fine with him, he would just have some explaining to do to Chi-Chi... Goku smiled and nodded. "Alright, we'll help teach you. Besides, this can be part of your training." Goku said.

Segira's expression immediately brightened when she heard that and she hugged Goku tightly, burying her face in his shirt. She's never been so happy in her whole life. "Thank you so much Goku! I'll do my best, I promise!" She said joyfully.

Goku smiled softly and ruffled her hair a little. "I'm sure you'll do great." He said.