A Dangerous Route

Gohan and Segira flew in an awkward silence as they flew over the countryside. After Goku had left Kame House, Gohan had stayed and talked with Krillin and the others for a while before leaving for Kami's Lookout. They didn't talk very much though, mainly because they didn't know what to talk about, and Segira was almost always staring at the ground with wide eyes in fascination. After several minutes of flying, however, movement from Segira caught Gohan's eye. He looked over at her with a lifted eyebrow to see what she was doing, she had turned around so her back was facing the ground and she was flying backwards as she looked up at the almost cloudless sky. She looked at little bored as she watched a small cloud that was above them.

"So, what do you think of the world so far, Segira?" Gohan asked her in an attempt to start a conversation that would keep them both occupied as they flew.

Segira jumped a bit when she heard him and she looked at him with a startled look on her face, she must've been lost in thought when he asked her. She stared at him for a moment before blinking a couple of times and turning back around so she was flying forward again. "It's really nice, but there aren't as many people as I thought there'd be." She replied.

He smiled a bit. "Don't worry, you'll see more and more as we show you around more, and trust me, there's way more than you think there are."

She stared at him for a while again before nodding slowly. "Okay, but why haven't we seen very many so far?"

"Well, the only places you've been to so far are: Capsule Corp at night, our house, and the Kame House, there aren't very many people in those locations, so that's why. Capsule Corp is in the middle of West City, which is heavily populated, but we left at night, so there wasn't really anyone outside at that time." He explained.

She didn't say anything for a bit as she thought about that before she looked forward again. "I guess that makes sense..." There was a long pause between them before Segira looked back at Gohan with a curious expression and broke the silence. "Hey Gohan? Back at Kame House, when Goku had to leave, you said that you wouldn't mind seeing Piccolo and Dende again. Are they friends of yours?"

He looked back at her and smiled again. "Yeah, they're really good friends of mine. Piccolo and Dende are actually both aliens from a different planet called Namek, so they look a little different from us. Piccolo trained me when I was really young and he pretty much became like a second father to me. Dende is a little younger than Piccolo and we became really good friends when we met him on Namek several years ago."

"But if they're from a different planet, why are they here on Earth?"

"Well, that's a little harder to explain. I was hoping to tell you about it when we got there."

"Oh... Then, can you tell me what they're like?"

He nodded. "'Course I can." He looked up a bit. "Piccolo's really cool to have as friend. He's not as strong as my dad, me, or any of the other Saiyans, but he's still pretty strong, he's really smart too. He's a little rough around the edges, but he does have a soft spot. I'm sure you'll like him once you get to know him."

"And Dende?"

Gohan looked at her again. "Dende's pretty cool too, but, unlike Piccolo, he's not a fighter, he's more of a healer. He's really kind and caring, and he always wants to do whatever he can to help his friends."

Segira smiled and looked forward again. "They sound really nice."

He smiled and nodded. "They are, I just hope they don't freak you out on accident."

She glanced at him from the corner of her eye and a quiet giggle escaped her mouth, now she was having a good time, but it didn't last long. After about a minute or so, a sudden whistling sound coming from below them caught Gohan's attention. He immediately jerked his head down to see what was going on, fully alert now, and saw a huge missile zooming towards them. His eyes widened and he immediately looked at Segira as she looked at him with an alarmed, and freaked out, look on her face.