The Flight Back

Goku sighed a bit in relief and turned around to check on Segira, who had fallen to her knees and grabbed her head tightly in pain. "Hey, you okay Segira?" Goku asked her softly, guessing she was having another one of those headaches. She looked up at him, wincing a bit from the headache she was having and the damage Vegeta had inflicted on her, and nodded slowly in response.

The others flew over to Goku and Segira and Gohan knelt down next to Segira to hold a small green bean out to her. "Here, this'll make you feel better and heal your injuries." He told her.

She looked at him from the corner of her eye before looking at the bean. "What is it?" She asked quietly, picking it up with her shaky hand.

"It's called a senzu bean; it'll replenish your energy and heal you." He replied.

Segira stared at the bean for a moment as if studying it, her headache slowly fading away, before eating it. Once she swallowed it, she immediately felt better, she blinked a few times and looked at her arms where some cuts from the fight used to be, her arms still had blood and dirt on them, but her injuries were completely gone. She looked at Gohan in shock, not knowing what to say and he smiled a bit at her. She paused for a moment before smiling back at him innocently, her cheeks felt a little warm for some reason, but she ignored it. Videl rolled her eyes at them, but she didn't say anything.

Segira looked up at Goku after a few seconds. "So, what happened exactly? I can't remember anything after I blacked out." She said quietly.

Goku looked back at her. "Uh, I'll tell you when we get back to Capsule Corp, okay?" He asked. Segira stared at him for a moment before nodded slowly in response again.

"Then let's go! I'm hungry!" Trunks said eagerly as he ascended into the sky and took off towards Capsule Corp.

"Hey, wait for me Trunks!" Goten yelled as he flew after Trunks. Videl followed them both, but Goku and Gohan didn't go when they noticed that Segira wasn't following them.

"Hey, what's wrong Segira?" Gohan asked her.

She looked up at him. "I still don't know how to fly on my own. And it was scary when I was flying with that Vegeta guy." She replied quietly.

"Oh..." Gohan said again.

"Well why don't you ride on Gohan's back? He's a pretty smooth flier and it isn't as scary when you're not going very fast or when you're not hanging by your arms. I don't think he would mind, right Gohan?" Goku suggested. Gohan looked at Goku with wide eyes and mouthed the word "what" at him. He smiled at Gohan slightly before ascending into the sky. "We'll be waiting back at Capsule Corp for you two. This'll be a good chance for you two to get to know each other better too." Goku told them before taking off towards Capsule Corp.

"Dad, wait!" Gohan said, but Goku was already gone. He sighed slowly, his shoulders slumping, before he turned around to face Segira.

She looked at Gohan with an innocent look on her face. "You don't really want to carry me on your back, do you?" She asked quietly after a few seconds of silence, looking down.

Gohan blinked a few times before shaking his head a bit. "No, that's not it; I just didn't want my dad to leave." He replied.

She looked back up at him, tilted her head to the side, and lifted an eyebrow. "Why?"

He paused for a moment, thinking of what to say, before replying. "Because, it's kind of...awkward..."

"I don't understand, why is it awkward?"

Gohan put a hand on the back of his head and looked away nervously, blushing slightly. "Um, because, you're a girl, and I'm a boy, and we're alone out here, and... You know what? I'll tell you what I mean later." He said, stammering a bit, he wasn't trying to sound mean or anything though. He started to ascend into the sky, but he stopped when he noticed that Segira wasn't following. "Is something wrong?" He asked her.