226. Admiration

226. Admiration: Is there someone you admire? Write about those feelings.

Nathan is the sort of boy who is always there. He's the guy that always texts back immediately. He's the one who is made happy by helping people. He's genuine, he's honest, and he's kind.

Not a lot of boys try. They think they're not supposed to or something. I don't know what happened to Nathan, but he doesn't care about what you are or aren't supposed to do. Nathan tries, and sometimes he tries too hard, but he puts in all he has. He's persistent and yet -- and this is the thing that made me respect him -- even though he is so detemined when he wants something (and in this case that thing was me), when he doesn't get it, he takes it gracefully. In fact, he takes it like a man.

He's honest. He admits he has problems, and some of them are too personal for me to put in here, but he's open. At the same time, he's private. He doesn't give a lot away.

Nathan is a special person. I love him. Maybe not in the way that he felt (was it love?) for me, but he's utterly amazing. He'll be the sort of person I will know forever because we have the sort of relationship where we pick up right where we left off.