Chapter 13

Here's chapter 13. Enjoy =D

BTW you need to read the Son of Neptune AND THE LOST HERO, to understand this story.

=======================================================================

Annabeth Chase, she was at the verge of killing the second of the seven victims. She stabbed her knife at the kid named Chris. The knife went through his neck. Surprisingly, he was still alive. He broke free of her grip. That was impossible, nothing had distracted her, and according to Luna that was the grip that was unbreakable. Unless the grip was distracted, maybe she was distracted. Chris drew his battle axe. It was a wooden handle holding gigantic pieces of metal on all sides of it. He swiped it at Annabeth, she just held out the key and was defended by a white barrier, almost black though.

"You wouldn't kill another demigod would you, it's too hard." Annabeth said, evilly, just like Luna had taught her.

Chris hesitated this was her chance. But the break from the hesitation was short, he just threw her against the wall of the alley, but she was ready, the key blew him backwards. With the same white, almost black energy. Chris's spine was probably broken by now, Annabeth thought. If it wasn't then the key she had wasn't actually the key.

Jared and Marvin ran towards her. Jared helped Chris. As Marvin shot a beam of purple laser from his headband towards her.  She took out the key to deflect it. But it was too quick. It beat her hand, and knocked the key out of her hand as she was knocked backwards.

Marvin picked up the key and gave it to Chris.

They felt that Chris was a good guy, and the girl that attacked him, was the same person that ditched them, to the big, big world.

Annabeth got up, she touched her Mark. She was going to use it, she had to get the key back. She pushed the air, to make it force Jared, Marvin and Chris down, but she hesitated, and pushed it in another direction. After all, Jared and Marvin had helped her, find out what a Star is, and they tried to help her find Ryan, even though they failed epically. And Chris he seemed like a nice guy, she didn't know him though.

Pity is for the weak... Those who can't afford to win. Those who can't find their place. That's what Luna had hammered those words into her head, and she had actually believed her, felt right about the words. After all she had suffered, she gave no crap for the weak. But now she regretted it. What would Percy think? For the umph-teenth time she reminded herself it wasn't what Percy thought, it was what she needed and she needed her life back. She sneakily followed the three boys, and they arrived at some kind of camp. The camp was in a dumpster. There were tents, and one huge fire, in the middle burning on an oil barrel. There was a girl who had mild green eyes, long untidy black hair, gangster clothes, and gigantic boots, covering dirty skin. She looked like a female version of Ryan but there was no essence around her that made her look great. In a way she was as low as Piper, but as pretty as Ryan, if she had an orderly life of course. 

And there was a ginger. She had red hair, literally red, orginally, purely, legittmet red. Like crimson. It was like Luna's white hair, except it was red. Not orange-red. Blue eyes. Light skin. And rich clothes. She looked like she wasn't a streetkid. And really fragile, but whenever Annabeth looked at her from behind a pile of junk, she her mark began to glow bright enough to blind a god. The girl reminded her of somethng.

And there was Chris, Jared, and Marvin.

Annabeth then saw it. The five children were like family. Even though Jared and Marvin were newcomers. It reminded of her in the past with Luke and Thalia. A family that she had never had. And it sensed real. Not sensed real, because she wanted it to, but because it was there. The ginger smiling, the female Ryan sharing the fire with Jared and Marvin, and Chris calling because he had food, and everybody gathering around him. The food wasn't much, but they all ate it as if it was their last meal. Annabeth turned back, she didn't want to disturb something this perfect. There was life in this, there was happiness, there was smiles, there was almost love... She didn't want to be a Kronos. Annabeth felt herself returning, but her Mark made that impossible.