Chapter 18

Well here's chapter 18. Thank you everyone for commenting, and voting, and liking my story although they were all on the first three chapters. Enjoy. =D

======================================================================

Jason Grace had fallen. He thought he had died. He had fell straight on to a giant butcher knife, or so he thought.

He forced himself up, and opened his eyes. He must have closed them, bracing himself. He realized he wasn't dead, which was a good thing. His eyes opened,and saw that he was okay. Jason brushed the dust on him. Then suddenly, something grabbed his sleeve and pulled him towards it.

The thing was moving. Moving really fast. Jason was being pulled and he was a blur. The thing had a strong grip, and was really fast. Jason was holding on for dear life. His hair erected, and seemed like they would never stop standing.

Hours seemed to pass, but the thing never stopped going. What was it? Jason seemed as if he was possessed by the thing. When Jason tried to look at it. All he saw was a blur of black and white. He tried to loosen its grip but it didn't work. No matter how many times he tried, he couldnt break free. The world around him was all a blur of colours.

Finally, when the thing stopped Jason found himself in front of gigantic, black iron gates, the size of the Empire State Building. He looked around. It seemed like hell. It was hell. All around was black stones, making the ground, making walls, making it into hell. The stones gave him a strange feeling. He was basically in a cave, with the gates being the exit. And the cave was composed of the black stones.

Then he looked at the boy in front of him. How could have he missed him. But it didn't matter when the boy started talking.

"Hi Jason. Remember me. I'm Trash Meteor, child of the third Darkness. Welcome to the Doors of Death."

======================================================================

Annabeth Chase weeped, and weeped. She cried and cried. At one point it seemed like she was laughing as she cried. She clenched her fist and used the unconcious Ryan Ames to support herself, and ultimately failed. She grabbed her blonde hair with strips of grey, and tried to rip it up. Her life was over. It couldn't be worse. How could she have missed that? It was so obivous, right in front of her eyes, she hated when that happened. Tears, cruelty, miserable, abandoned. Those words boomed inside her head.She was now frozen, just sad. Sad. Sad was not the word. She was something beyond it. She was angry, but she knew it wouldn't do anything. Her world ended, the world ended. Starting now. She shrieked, a shriek enough to deafen someone all the way in China. Her gray eyes was drowning in tears, her lungs seemed as if they wanted to explode. Then memories exploded like crazy in her mind.

She found herself with her dad, before her stepmother had came. She was smiling, as her dad pushed her on a tire swing hung on the tree right in front of her house. She was laughing. It seemed as if she couldn't stop. She was happy. A word that never seemed to fit in the shoes of her lfie. His warm hands on her back, and then she was off, flying, smiling. She could fly.

Then she found herself when she met Percy, he was just a really annoyng kid. Then boom, she had her arms round him lips to lips, underwater in the lake. She could fly, and tears bubbled up in her eyes, literally drowned her eyes.

She could fly, she was reunited with Percy. That day one of the best in her life. She could fly, she could've. But now she was lost. That was something that she couldn't get back. It seemed as if she was born that way, and now she was just an empty shell, with nothing but the words born echoing inside her. Born to die.

She put her hand on her knife still in memories, happy memories of what could have been. It was wedding day, her fingers laced with Percy's. It was something that could but wouldn't. Life was sad. Life was harsh. It chose you.

Her hands shaky, knife clenched in her hand. It was so hard. Then something grabbed her hand and she dropped the knife. She was still in a trance of memories. But she heard an outside voice.

"Don't, the things that could've been. The things that could've been. There gone. There's more things, yeah more things that's going to be. So don't. You're going to live. You're going to be. You're going to fly. Now just open your eyes."

Annabeth realized still in memories, that she was on her knees, hands burying her face, whimpering eyes closed. Still in the trance she said,

"If I do. If I open my eyes. Things will happen again. I killed too many people. I abandoned two innocent kids to die. I destroyed things. I am a monster and all you're asking me for to do is open my eyes. No way. I can't to all the things that happened, and wil happen, you're telling me I'm going to be. And what I'm I gonna be, a monster. Well shut up! Shut up faggot. I'm not going to listen. And that's all I'm gonna say. What's listening to you ever gonna do to me?"

She reached for her knife, and pointed towards her chest. Still in could've beens.

Then, the hand grabbed the blade of the knife, and crushed it out of existence. She was picked up by the sleeves of her shirt. Yanked backwards.

Then the voice spoke again,"You're right, listening to me won't solve anything... But this will"

Then a pair of lips touched hers. Annabeth felt different. She opened her eyes, and saw Ryan Ames kissing her. Annabeth didn't move. She followed it. She was a bad person. But she felt different. She loved the Ryan kid.

As they kissed vigorously, they were unaware that Percy Jackson was watching behind them.