Chapter Ten: Message To Melody

"Hey,"

It was silent, we're both sitting there, starring at each other.

I look over at Chris, still frozen.

"He'll be okay once I leave." Mark speaks, his arm around me.

I glare at him and stand, facing away from him, starring at the door, his arm falling. "Then just go already." Although my voice was calm the anger was clearly evident.

"I can't," I paused.

I spun around and stared at him. "What do you mean you can-"

"Until I deliver the message to you I can't leave." he didn't turn to look at me, just starred at Chris. "And trust me, after seeing you all sweet with Chris, I'm sick to my stomach." he finally turned to meet my gaze. "I'd want nothing else but to leave."

I sighed. Fate just loved fucking my life up. I lazily walked over and sat next to him. "Alright then, talk."

He nodded and began with no hesitation. He spoke like a record player, his voice emotionless, no flaw, perfectly memorized. "Message to Melody: I know the sight of me alive and breathing must be a shock to you. I am only here to deliver this message. Afterward, I will leave forever, and you will be my cause. Know that this is all I want."

I knew what he meant and I had no objection to this whatsoever.

"As to the message. In a few weeks there will be a new moon."

How this pertains to anything he gives no explanation. He simply just continues on with the message.

"It has been confirmed that a demon is on the lose. Alongside this demon are it's minions, lost souls attached to demented bodies and natural hazards targeting heroes. You with the assistance of many others will be under that title in some time. It will be after you discover their secret."

Secret, what secret? And who is he talking about?

"Rest assured, all will become clear on the twenty fourth. Moving on, you will know when you are about to be faced with the demon. This will be after the secret is shared and after you and your companions have been transferred."

I listen intently on what he is saying, soaking in every last detail, knowing that if it wasn't important I wouldn't have needed to hear it from my X who I thought I killed. However, I had no idea what he was talking about.

He must have noticed my perplexity for he paused to add the comment, "Just listen, I promise I'm almost done and with time all will be made clear."

"Thanks," I whispered.

He nods then continues with the message. "First, one will become drugged, outcome, one death. Second, one will be lost in priorities, outcome, two deaths. Third, one will be seen, outcome, unknown. Forth, four will protect, outcome, deaths are certain. Fifth, two will deduce, outcome, hazy, secrets are discovered. Sixth, vision, hazy, many deaths, tears. You won't be alone."

He stopped.

"Is that all?"

It took me a while to deduce he was doubled over in pain.

"Mark what's-"

"Chris- wake him," he grumbled. He's leaning over, clutching his stomach.

"What?" my eyes grow large and I soon realize what he means. I turn my gaze to Chris and I nearly die. "Dammit!" I yell, a tear sneaking its way out but I cuff my face in my hands before any more can fall on the bed. I start to scream. "No!"

Chris is no longer frozen in his shocked expression, instead he's fallen over on the bed, his body limp. His chest was not rising and falling like it should be, in fact it wasn't moving at all. I crawl over to him, panicked, not even trying to hold back the tears. I sit next to his dead body and stare into his lifeless eyes.