Chapter Twenty-Four: Welcome To Kurma

Part Two of Forever Lost is finally here! Thanks again, and enjoy! (By the way, I still need editors for part one. Message me if you think you can help or have any suggestions.)

The picture to the side, this is what I imagine to be Chris. (But it's not exact, but it's close enough!)

--------------------------------

The feeling within me is odd. Unlike how I last remember it, my head is clear. Nothing seems fuzzy any longer. Swimming through my memory back, I find everything has returned, my parents, my dreams, my entire life! Though one bit remains slightly fuzzed, I don't care. I, Melody Pinerod, has got her memory!

After a while of rejoicing in my head, I remember I still don't know where I am, or when. Last I recall happening was passing out in the pod. How long had it been since I had opened my eyes? However high the number, I don't care as long as I am no longer deft and blind.

My eyes flutter open to an unfamiliar room. The walls around me are a deep velvet red, the bottom bordered with a rich, glowing wood. The floors are a lighter, calmer shade of red. The room is basically a box with a long hallway stretched out in front of me, a wooden door at the end. Another wooden door is off to my right. I sit up, resting my back against the head set.

I'm in a king sized bed with royal red comforters. A wooden canopy hangs over me. I start to sense a red and wood theme.

My attention turns to the door on my right as it opens.

"Hey, sleeping beauty."

"Chris!" I hurriedly pull back the covers and leap out of the bed. A smile is wide on my face as his arms go around me.

"Hey, you remembered my name," he laughs.

I stay in his arms for a long while. He gently rubs my back.

"How long have I been out?" I whisper, opening my eyes.

He's silent at first. "A long while,"

I pull away, hands on his chest, his on my hips. "How long exactly?"

He doesn't respond for a while, just stares at me. "Melody, it's been four years since we left."

My eyes widen. "Four years?"

He nods. "Come here," he guides me back over to the bed. I sit down beside him, resting my head against him as he curls his arm around me. "We were supposed to arrive here two years ago. The rest of us all came on time, but yours never came. I'll admit, it was hard for me at first, but Kyle found a way to keep my distracted 29 hours of the day."

"29? Don't you mean 24?"

He shakes his head. "Welcome to Kurma, where there are eight months in a year twenty days in each month, and 29 hours in each day."

"Okay, got it. Go on?"

He nods. "With each passing day, your absence bothered me less and less. Don't get me wrong, I still missed you like crazy, but I soon realized that nothing good ever comes from remorse." he paused. "You arrived here last year, your pod entirely destroyed."

"What happened to it anyway?" I ask curiously.

"Stealth said someone broke in and smashed the power gem. You passed out during the attack. Apparently, it must have been very bad considering you were out for four years."

I nod. "Must have. So I went from being 18 to 22?"

"Yup," he kisses my head. "I've missed you,"

"I have too."

I turn my attention to the door at the end of the hall as it opens. Jessica is in the threshold, a smile wide on her face. I can tell I've been out for a while considering how much she's changed. She seems taller, the bone structure in her face defined, and even with her thin blond hair in a high ponytail, reaches down to her waste. Fix stands a little behind her on the right, unchanged as is Torra who is standing to her left in the far back, almost completely concealed behind the shadows.