Chapter Thirty-One: What The Hell Were You Thinking

"No,"

"I'm telling you, it's her."

"Wha- why- that's impossible!"

"You're telling me that after everything that has happened to you, the idea of Lilly being here is impossible?"

"Oh - well- maybe- okay fine," I stutter, "Can we discuss this in the morning?"

He smiles. "Alright," he kisses my forehead and I wiggle my way further under the blankets. "Goodnight Melody," he whispers before signalling the lights off.

*   *   *

Chris and I enter Niemock and are alarmed to find the Gymnasium in perfect condition. Jessica is kicking away at the dummy but stops when she notices us.

"Well hi," she smiles.

Chris groans. "Fine, I'll train with you today," he turns to me. "Sorry, but if I don't she'll hurt me in very painful ways."

I smile. "It's fine," I kiss him gently, a small burst of energy running through me. "Go train, I've got things to do anyway."

"Okay, I believe she's in Ascivitis, but she may be in Coagmentatum."

I nod, making my way towards the air lock door. "Love ya,"

"Love ya, too."

~

I find Stealth in Ascivitis, standing next to a medical bed. Torra sits up in the bed, starring at this long chunk of metal.

"Hey," I call out.

Stealth looks over at me. "Hey,"

Torra leans foreword in the bed. "Hey, how are you?" she smiles.

I walk up beside Stealth. "Decent, you?"

"A little in pain, but I'll be fine."

It's then I notice that what I first thought was a long chunk of metal was really a mechanical arm. "Woo, is that your arm?"

She laughs a little. "Just the shell, Fear and Fix are working on the inner mechanism now,"

"But still! Is it like, nailed into your shoulder?"

She smiles widely. "Yeah, in a sense, but between Fix's knowledge of my body and Fear's incredible smithing, I don't feel any different."

"Wow, that's just, wow," I say, still stunned.

She smiles.

"Okay, we have the skeleton done. Stealth, Melody, we need you to leave.." Fix informs, walking up to us.

"Got it," Stealth makes her way towards Spatium Scientia. I follow her, but catch a glimpse of Fear walk past with a creepy looking chunk of metal. It almost looks like a tree branch, but sharper and deadlier.

We enter Spatium Scientia, Stealth walking down the long path.

"So, what's up?" she asks casually.

"What?"

"You came to talk to me, didn't you?"

"Well yeah," How did she know?

"One of the perks of being a Guardian is you can read your Humana's mind."

"Humana?"

"Yeah, Latin for human. In Kurmanian it means, in short, the one you protect."

"Oh, well then."

She laughs.

"Melody?" Renee spots me as we walk the path.

"Hey! What's-- okay, I'm going." I start as Renee drags me towards the library area.