Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

I finally gathered the strength to help Kaleb paint the room for our child. He painted the green coat for me and I began adding details. I added butterflies and vines with white orchids on them. I was happy with my finished project. We let it dry for about two days until I ordered my brothers to move my baby furniture in. Kaleb set it all up and I felt bad because I couldn't help him because I wasn't feeling well. My stomach hurt. Not in a 'I ate to much food' way. But in a someone was punching me endlessly way. I subbed it out. My pain tolerance was pretty high.

"I have baby names." I said as I sat next to him in the rocking chair. I rubbed my stomach as it began to hurt more.

"And what are they?"

"If it just so happens to be a boy...well first we have to take off all the butterflies and flowers and I like the name David...and if it's a girl I like the name Mackenzie or Avril...Like Avril Lavigne. I love her name." I smiled.

"They sound perfect. Although I'm not crazy about Mackenzie.It sounds more like a river..."

"That's because it is." I laughed at him being stupid on purpose. As he did the furnishings I winced in the pain that grew even worse. I shrugged it off and called it a day and went to bed. But through the night it got even worse. It felt like someone was setting my inside stomach on fire.

"Kaleb?" I said scared shaking his arm in the pitch black room.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I breathed in and out.

"Something's wrong." I groaned leaning over. I felt my back crack...I'm changing!? NOW!?

Was my mind on high amounts of crack!? I can't shift now! I felt my canines descend. Not my fangs my canines. My mind spun in circles and my vision blurred. I heard Kaleb talking to me but I couldn't answer. It felt like I was underwater.

Then something in me snapped and I was out cold.

I woke up in a raging pain. Well I wasn't fully awake. I was half; I saw Kaleb move frantically around me. Blood up to his elbows. I felt scared and sad. His face had such stress and strain in it. I wanted to reach out and touch him and make him feel better and to let him know I was okay. But all in all, I was not okay. This child wanted out and it was getting what it wanted. Even if that meant hurting me in the process.

I felt a pain in my stomach that screamed at me to let out a scream. I felt warm and sweaty. I felt weak...like I was just an empty, soulless body bag just laying on the table for peoples' uses.

I looked around my eyelids dropping calling for me to shut them and go into an endless sleep. I wanted to, God only knows how much pain I was going through. My spine cracked and ached and throbbed. My heart beated rapidly as if it were to burst out of my chest. My legs and arms felt numb. Like my mind could only feel to the end of my torso. The rest was just there...

I wanted to scream at Kaleb to just get the baby out and let me go. That I would be much happier if he ended this undying pain. But my mouth couldn't move. I was so weak I couldn't speak a single word to my stressed mate.

As time went on my eyelids grew heavier...until I heard a faint cry. I looked up and stretched my eyes in pain as my little baby was in his arms. He stared down at her and smiled.I couldn't see her face but I knew she was a girl. A beautiful girl.

But as time went on my heart beat dropped dramatically. My torso began to shut off. Like lights. They slowly just flicked themselves off. I called out to Kaleb and said I loved him when my eyes shut close.

Hopefully forever to end this pain that nobody could fix.

I imagined a dream that was pure happiness. A place where I sat with my little girl and Kaleb. In the snow in my favourite month. I was happy and healthy. I was alone with just my lovely family. My little girl was perfect. She looked perfect and acted perfect. She drank, ate, slept and she was independant.

She was my little angel. She had platinum blonde hair that was straight, her eyes were pale red because the vampirism red eyes seemed to conquer the pale blue. Her skin was the same colour as Kalebs; not as tanned but still a light tan colour. She looked so pretty.

I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back. As I turned to Kaleb he told me he loved me and kissed me on the lips. As I broke the kiss everything went red. The snow turned into fire and my little girl and Kaleb burned away. My house burned to ashes and everything around me disappeared. Even the ground beneath my feet.

I screamed as I dropped down into the bottom pit of hell. It was torture. My fmaily was up and I was down in the fire. As I screamed and cried out for help a red face in a black robe stalked towards me and took me over.

I was gone.

-------

AN: OH NO!