Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

I awoke to Kaleb calling my name. I was in a cold sweat, my breathing was ragged and I was scared out of my mind.

"Are you alright?" He asked. I was in bed right beside him. I nodded unsure and suddenly I felt sick from being on my back. I sat up and covered my mouth and he quickly grabbed a bucket from the bedside and handed it to me. I literally put my whole head in so he wouldn't see. Ugh...I felt horrible. I couldn't stay in here. I got up to empty it and brush my teeth. Once I was finished I told him I ould stay downstairs so I'd be somewhat elevated, I gripped everything in my reach on the way down. When I finally got to the couch I felt as if I were going to pass out.

-------------

For the next week I stayed on the couch in my misery my stomach was growing way too fast and I didn't like it. I wasn't enjoying it. Also Kaleb rarely talked ot me. He said 'it' was hurting me. I couldn't blame him for saing that. I did look bad. I had gotten more skinny, more pale and more fragile. I still got sick frequently and the doctor visited often.

Zane's POV:

"Wait why are we coming here again?" I asked my parents as we got our suitcases out of the car,

"Your sister is sick and she needs us." Dad said. I handed out the suitcases as we walked up to the door.

"I hope she's alright." My mom said uneasily. She shifted from side to side. I had to bring Olivia my mate. She was pregnant and I couldn't leave her by herself. So did Luke.

My mom knocked on the door shifting in her black heels. My dads face was emotionless. Was Aubbrie that sick?

Kaleb opened the door. I was never a big fan of this guy...

"Hi Kaleb." My mom said hugging him. My father shook his hand as we all stepped in. Someone came and took our bags. Wow...

"Where is she?" My father asked.

"On the couch." He muttered quietly. He looked pained. I looked past him in the kitchen and his whole pack was expressionless. They looked sad, tired...exhausted.

"Aubbrie?" My mom called going in the couch area. Olivia and Cynthia, Luke's mate went to lie down because they were tired.

"Oh my God!" My mom screeched. She practically fainted. My dad instantly grabbed her. What? Brandon and Xavier went first and their eyes literally popped out of their heads, Luke went next and his face went pure white.

"What?" I asked. Tears leaked form my mom's eyes. I looked over...and there she was. She was curled into a ball. Her skin was stuck tight to her bones revealing all the points and edges.Her cheeks were in and hollow. Her eyes had dark circles under them. Her hair was dull and looked bad...rather than full and long. Her stomach slightly bulged out. Was she pregnant? She was sleeping soundly. Muttering something in her sleep. She shivered and whimpered.

"Kaleb. Come here. Explain." My dad said quietly a she left. Brandon,Luke and Xavier sat down. Faces appalled, emotionless. Actually Xavier looked sick. His face was grim as his jaw tightned. Aubbrie shivered as goosebumps rose on her skin tight,frail arms.

"Aubbrie?" My mom whispered bending down. Tears poured from her eyes as she saw her daughter in pain. Aubbrie clutched her hand still asleep. She pulled her hand to her as she grew warmer.

"She needs thicker blankets than this sheet." Mom said. She pulled a blanket from her suitcase and wrapped it around her. Aubbrie settled in. Mom sat beside her rubbing her thumb on her forehead.

"I've done everything I can. The doctor said she needs blood but we don't have human blood." Kaleb said coming back in.

"You've done everything you can. I can help you Kaleb. I will go to the city I'll be back in an hour. How long does she sleep?"

"A while unless she is having a nightmare." He said.

"Okay. Luke come." Dad ordered. Luke glared at Kaleb. Luke had Alpha blood in him. He was taking over dads' spot.And even though Luke and I were cocky assholes. We'd do anything for our family. Especially our little and only sister Aubbrie. Luke stood up jaw tight and fists clench. He stared Kaleb down and walked out the door.

"Kaleb can you get me a cold wash cloth. She has a fever." Mom said. Kaleb nodded and walked away into the kitchen.

"My little girl. If I've known sooner I'd be here sooner." She sighed. Kaleb came back and handed her the cloth. She lightly touched Aubbrie's head and Aubbrie almost jumped in shock. Her eyes stayed closed and mom did it again.

"What does she need?" She asked.

"Blood. We don't have any human though. All we got is animal." Kaleb explained. I sat in silence taking over Xavier's seat.

"My little girl..." She sighed. She kept the cold cloth on her head as Aubbrie stayed sound asleep.

A little while later we had some dinner which was just pizza. Nobody was in the mood for cooking. Dad came back with multiple boxes.

"Lots of blood for her. It needs to be refrigerated though." He said. Kaleb went to work putting them away and soon he was back out. Suddenly Aubbrie began shaking in her sleep. She whimpered and sharp teeth descended. Vamp teeth? Woah...never thought to see that on her.

"She needs blood now. She's hungry." Kaleb walked away coming back with blood packets. Aubbrie snapped her hand out to what was closest to her and clenched it. She looked scared. It was the remote she clenched it so hard that she broke it.It shattered in her palms and her eyes began to drift open.

"Mom?" She asked her voice dead and dry.

"Hi honey. How do you feel?"

"Sick..." She said. She sat up and instantly Kaleb held the bucket infront of her as she got sick.cShe gripped the silver bucket tightly.cOnce she was finished she lied back down. Her breathing was heavy and unsteady.

"Are you thirsty darling?"

"Yes." She answered. Kaleb held a blood packet next to her. She took it from his hands slowly. She tried to rip it open but her arms couldn't do the force needed.

"Here." Mom said ripping it open for her. Aubbrie muttered a quiet thank you and tasted a little drop. Her eyes changed from the dull grey with a hint of red they went full red. She sucked back the blood until there was not a drop left.

"Feel better?" Kaleb asked taking the empty blood packet. She nodded snuggling under the blankets.

"Whens the last time you had a nice warm bath, dear?" Mom asked stroking her dull hair.

"A while." She said softly.

"How about I run you a nice warm bath?" She asked. Aubbrie nodded as mom stood and walked away. Aubbrie sat up and rubbed her forehead.

"Headache?" Dad asked.

"Yes. And I can't take Advil because I am not eating anything."

"Maybe the bath will help. And you need a goodnights sleep."

"It's hard around here with nightmares." She sighed gripping the edge of the couch to get up. She had on her big transformers t-shirt and her black shorts she used to wear all the time. She got up and grabbed anything in her path to get upstairs.

"I'm going to bed." Luke sighed getting up and going upstairs. Xavier and Brandon did the same.

"Your sister needs her brothers right now." Dad said.

"I know dad." I said putting on a fake smile while getting up.

----------------

I meant to dedictae previous chapters to WinterAmethyst but I kept forgetting so I really liked this chapter and the previous so I dedicated this one to her because she helped me to make covers and she made this awesome cover for me. :D