Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

"Hell no Lacy." I refused looking at the large pyramid the girls formed for tryouts. No way was I climbing up there.

"Aubs if you climb up here you are on the team come on." Lacy said.

"Hi boys." I heard Kassidy giggle. I looked over as she waved her skinny long ass fingers at Kaleb and his friends who were at football practice.

"Hi Kassidy." Caleb said back. He caught my eye and shot me a warning glare and then looked at Josh who was also on the football team.

"Hi Josh." I waved.

"Oh Hey Aubs." He waved back. I heard Caleb's low growl in my ear from where he was standing.

Game on.

I thought to myself. I looked at the large pyramid. Clumsy me? I could break it and break everyone else. I hesitantly began climbing up not looking down.

"Don't look down." Kassidy said through gritted teeth as she smiled below me.

"Shut up Kassidy." I growled back. After our episode yesterday we weren't on good terms. She made Caleb pissed at me and he avoided me all night. He came into my room to take Brandon without saying anything. Brandon was leaving us in two days and we would get our mark for the project. I climbed to the top and quickly smiled before climbing back down. After that I got my skimpy uniform Kassidy designed...

Why would you let a person like her design clothes?

That night I flipped through some notes for my test tomorrow when I heard a familiar growl.

"Caleb I smell like myself." I heard Kassidy laugh nervously. I sniffed the air. She smelt like something else. An unknown person to the pack.

"No you don't Kassidy. I am Alpha and you don't smell the same." He shot back leaving the room. I leaned in the door frame.

"Where are you going Caleb? Just come back." She said rubbing the door frame. I stared at her...awkward?

"I'll be back." He said waving her off. He stormed past me as she glared at me.

"Maybe you'll have to stick with having sex with just Damen and not Caleb?" I suggested smirking. Her eyes almost popped out of her head.

"You know." She growled.

"Making out in the school hallway isn't secretive." I said shutting my door. I ran downstairs and past everyone knowing where Kaleb was going. I walked outside seeing paw prints left in the mud near the trees. I sighed morphing into wolf form letting my bones crack in a good way. I ran over rough terrain as it began to get dark.

I came to a clear opening where a black wolf just sat in the middle of the field. It was an old abandoned field. No one used it. The benches were old and rotting and the white yards on the grass was fading. I walked up quietly behind him and nudged his back left shoulder. He didn't move but just stared into the sky.

I sat beside him My black fur against his black fur. Nobody could tell us apart.

He growled at me telling me to go back to the house. I just stared at him frowning. I shook my head letting my ears flop. I stepped closer and he jumped away bending down and growling at me. I shrugged, Caleb and I would play fight when we were little what would be the difference.

Learning to talk helps.

I said in my head towards him.

Learning to just leave someone alone helps.

He shot back.

When one of my friends is angry I ask them what's wrong and listen.

Sorry I'm not a girl I don't do that shit. He shot back at me.

It's not just girls a lot of people don't know how. Like Kassidy. He growled at me when I said her name.

See? It's her. Nobody asks you when somethings wrong, Caleb. I know how that feels. No one cares and they shut you out. I said stepping closer coming out of fighting stance. He growled at me barring his canines. I remember Caleb he had very, very sharp razor like teeth.

I remember the difference between us when we were little is that you would shadow yourself away from talking and you still do. He snarled at me and barked at me.

And you're still the same you think eight years later you'd grow out of it but you're still hiding in the shadows.

He lept at me knocking me to the ground and growling at me to stay down. I didn't listen and got back up and growled at him too. He nipped at me and I nipped back. I felt warm liquid run down my fur. If he bit me harder and took in some of my blood that would be the offical mate sign.

I stared at him in his bright amber eyes. He growled at me to leave again but I shook my head. Finally he grabbed my neck with his teeth like you do to little pups and except of laying me down gently like little pups he threw me almost thirty yards. I got right back up. He shook his head at me for getting up.

I crouched down and growled and snarled. Which I shouldn't do because he was still my Alpha and my mate. If he was like any other Alpha he would've injured me and kicked me from the pack or killed me. But he wasn't. He was giving me warnings.

He finally walked back into the forest. I followed him but far behind and he knew I was following him. At home he told me to go get cleaned up because I was dirty. That night he slept in the guest bedroom.

My plan for him and Kassidy breaking up was working but getting him to like me wasn't going to well.