Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

I was dropped off at Caleb's house or should I say mansion? The man was living like a king. It also turns out he was gone away for one week on a school trip. Naomi-his mother-was kind enough to tell me everything about the past. She said Caleb and I were a good match. He liked reading and doing sports while I liked reading and teaching Caleb to do things. She said Caleb would protect me from anything even, he would even kill spiders that I would scream about and run away from. That's true love, right there.

His house had a gothic feel to it. Well actually it was his parents' house while ours was being built up in the mountains away from the rest of the wolves. Our pack was supposed to be big and powerful. It was going to be the pack head quarters. I helped Naomi around the house by planting her a garden and taking care of it. She said she had one but she never had time to tend to it. I loved being outdoors I liked nature but I wasn't a big fan of the sun.

I had my own room that was decorated in silver, black and grey, while using candles for light. It made me feel rather comfortable. I went to the dentist and it turns out my braces come off in one week.

-----

As the day came for me to meet Caleb a bunch of emotions rolled through my head; mostly about him liking me. I mean come on I am a nerd. I have braces and ugly glasses and I was too self-conscious to wear t-shirts or skinny jeans. Either that or maybe I heard the word "nerd" and myself used in the same sentence one too many times.

"Caleb remember Aubbrie? She is going to live with us...well rather you." Naomi said. Well...let me tell you one thing...

Caleb was out of my league....Far out. I was like down low while he was up high. He had brown hair that looked like his hand had been through it many time. His eyes were golden and had some green in them. He was tall for a grade ten...he was muscular for a grade ten. He was like a guy out of the romance books. Perfect everything. Although one glance at me and I wrapped my arms tightly around my torso.

"Hi..." He said, tugging at his back pack string. Holy jeeze even his voice was flawless. No doubt about it he probably has a super pretty and possibly fake girlfriend. By fake I mean fake nose, lips...boobs.

"Caleb be nice." Naomi warned. I wouldn't blame him. I didn't get it...my mom was super pretty and everyone said my dad was handsome and my brothers are well put together and me? I think something happened.

Well, shocking...

It turns out Caleb was a total ass to me. Were you surprised? Because I wasn't. He blew me off for everything. He did have a girlfriend and good looking guy friends.

I was just pushed aside.

I felt like a ghost. Caleb would accidently hit me in the hallway and he wouldn't say anything, either that or he's just plain rude.

After a while I had enough with it and decided to tell Naomi I was still too young and I'd come back in grade twelve. She understood and I left...without saying good-bye to Caleb.

That's when everything shifted.

--------

Okay this chapter was short and quite boring because I am doing a time lapse. I want the story to be focused on them in senior year.