Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

After a month when I got my braces off I began to feel more confident. I began to change my large sweaters and jeans for skinnies and form fitting shirts. A lot of people noticed and started talking to me more.

Boys actually looked at me and I felt...good.

I was still a Smartie McSmartson and I was still called a nerd at my house but...I felt good to be me for once.

"Hi Aubbrie." Some random girls would say to me in the hallway. I would smile and wave, having no idea who they were. I actually straightened my hair and left it loose rather then up in a pony tail or a messy bun, I kept my head up and I made my large glasses apart of my everyday outfits. My father told me that sometimes, when a werewolf matures their need for glasses or inhalers for asthma goes away. My vision was still a bit blurry at times when looking at the board so I only had a small prescription in my glasses. However, I didn't need them all the time.

 I still kept the highest average in all my classes and even managed to go on a couple of dates. No sex or anything though because...I still had to get together with Caleb and I had to be pure at the marriage.

"Bye Aubs." My dad said hugging me tightly outside of Caleb and I's new house. It was finally ready and we had to move in ASAP according to the Council members.

"My little girl." My mom said hugging me. I never hugged my brothers...I didn't want their cooties.

"Later, Aubs." They said. I put my hand on the door and waved as they went out. Once I swung it open and went in without looking I slammed into someone...rather a female.

"Ouch...watch where you're going." She snapped. I fixed my glasses making sure they weren't bent and slid them back on. Wow...

A look-a-like Barbie was standing right infront of me. I peered at her, she had full blonde shiny curly hair, lips that had lipstick on but it was smudged, indicating she was just making out with someone. Her nails were long and cat like and they were cotten candy, sparkly pink. She wore a pink mini skirt with silver heels, she had huge curves, she also had on a white tank top that rode up her stomach exposing a pink belly button ring...a lot of skin was exposed. If I wore that I'd be covering myself up as much as possible. Even now I am still self conscious.

"Sorry..." I apologized frowning.

"Well what do you want? Oh wait are you the house keeper?" She asked.

"No. I live here."

"No. It's only Caleb and I who live here." She said chewing like a cow on her piece of gum. I feel bad for that gum...

"No, my name is Aubbrie. I live here...So...you're Caleb's girlfriend I take it." I said of course he had a girlfriend.

"Yea. Have been for two years going on three; our anniversary is soon." She gushed.

"Good for you. So, you live here?"

"Of course I am going to be Caleb's mate. Who's your mate?" She asked.

"No one is...I was told by the council to come here."

"Huh...you must have some kick ass powers then." She nodded.

"Yea." No I am supposed to be marrying Caleb fairly soon actually...we were married at four.

"Well Caleb and I have the room at the far end of the second floor. But there are like five other rooms you can choose from." She smiled.

"Thanks. My name is Aubbrie." I said.

"Kassidy." She smiled. I turned and walked up the stairs carrying my two bags.