Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

"What!?" I growled.

"I'm sorry Caleb. Nothing will really happen. She'll be smarter, paler and stronger even though she is strong. She'll be faster, quicker but she will have a crave for blood. She'll be the same person though." He said.

"Let's just go home." I said. I changed into wolf form putting her over my back as we ran home.

------------

At home I laid her on our bed. I lit the room in candles because I know how she hates lights. I waited patiently for her to wake up for two days. On the final day...her skin turned a lighter colour and instead of her sunken in and hollow cheeks, they filled out and she was back to her gorgeous self.

Aubbrie's POV:

I opened my eyes from what felt like a long sleep. I looked around and everything was sharper than before. I looked next to me and Caleb laid sleeping soundly.

I had no intention to wake him.

I just laid in bed.

But after a while I got bored. It was twelve o'clock at night though. But I turned over so I was facing his back. I remember when I was a little girl when he was sleeping I'd write my name on his back. I began tracing the letters of my name on his back and as I was doing the 'i' he turned over.

"Hi." I whsipered.

"Hi." He whispered back. I laughed at our whispering and snuggled right into him, he put his arms around me.

"You're freezing" He commented.

"I don't feel cold. I'm actually thirsty." I said.

"Thirsty?"He asked.

"Yes. Don't worry I got it. I know what I am now. I'm not dumb." I said getting up.

"Never said you were." He said as I left the room. I went downstairs and ran outside using my new speed. It was actually kind of cool having this new speed...even though I need blood to keep this speed. I sniffed out a local deer and charged at it attacking it. I sank my teeth in it and the warm blood that poured form it's neck soothed the thirst in my throat.

I hope you still like me Caleb...I sighed unhappily. I threw the deer away and ran back to the house.

When I got into the room he was passed out again. I sat next to him for hours just thinking if he still loves me.

As ten o'clock rolled around he began to wake up. When he was fully awake he laid in bed just holding my hand.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Fine." I lied.

"Liar. Aubbrie I can read you like an open book and when you're lying your voice gets really high pitched."

"It does not." I said my voice going high pitched.

"My point exactly."

"I'm not the same anymore." I sighed.

"What do you mean you're not the same anymore?"

"I mean I'm not the same anymore." I said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and one arm draped across my waist.

"You are the same."

"No. I'm a vampire. I drink blood and act weird."

"You don't act weird."

"I hunt down my food and drink it raw. That's not weird? Then I don't know what is."

"You're fine. I still love you."

"You mean that for real? No lying?" I asked.

"No lying."

"But the pack will treat me different."

"Who cares what other people think?"

"I do. Because I'm alpha female and you're alpha male meaning you should have the perfect wife; and I am so far from perfect."

"Yes because I am so perfct."He said.

"What? Are you kidding me? Yes you are; nice hair, gorgeous eyes, perfect skin, athletic body you are the definition of perfect." He chuckled at me when I was trying to be serious.

"I'm being serious Caleb." I said sitting back up. He rubbed my back and soon sat up with me.

"So what you're telling me is: you don't want to get married in exactly one week and one day? And then go on an amazing honeymoon afterwords?" He asked.

"Yes. Even though you refuse to tell me where we are going. And newsflash I don't have a ring buddy." I pointed to my empty hand.

"Oh right forgot about that." He said reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a little green box. My favourite colour and rested it on my knee.

"Green...But my ring is probably...." I said pausing as I opened it to find a beautiful dark green ring.

"Green..." I whispered. It was a silver band with two diamonds on either side of a deep green emerald. It was so pretty.

"It's so beautiful." I said sliding it on.

"Aubbrie, will you marry me?"

"A second time? I guess so..." I smiled.

"What is it? A second time is a charm?" He asked.

"No it's a third time." I laughed.

"Oh...well...scratch that." He sad kissing my nose. I hugged him tightly and kissed him on the lips. I am sure nothing will come into contact with this wedding.