Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

"Well well, Aubbrie. I didn't know you came here." Ren said standing next to me in the school library.

"Oh hi Ren. Listen sorry about that...christmas party thing..." I said feeling uncomfortable for talking about this subject.

"Don't worry. Listen, me and a couple of friends are going out tonight do you want to join us?" He asked. Was he asking me out?

"Uhm..." Something was pulling me back. Something in the back of my mind was saying no I belong to someone else and that someone else was a powerful alpha and my legal mate...

Well he did have Kassidy now so I guess it wouldn't matter.

"Listen, Aubbrie you don't have to. Standing in silence tells me that you don't want to." He laughed.

"No, Ren...sure." I said placing my hand on his arm to stop him.

"Good, I'll come by your dorm around six." He said.

"Okay. Bye." I smiled waving.

"Got a date?" Luke asked. Luke was my younger brother. He was one year younger than me making him grade eleven.

"None of your business. Go hang out with Brandon."

"He's with his girlfriend, Bro."

"So? He's still your brother." I countered.

"Yours too." He called over his shoulder. Zane and Xavier were in their first year university. I was gong to University on a hockey scholarship but I hadn't picked a University yet. My grades were above average even with all this craziness going on.

---------------

Ren came to pick me up later that night and we went to a restuarant.

He had another couple with him there which made it feel like a double date sort of thing.

"Blue slushie." The waitress said putitng down a tall glass of blue slush.

"I'm suprised they serve this." I smiled sipping the cold blue drink.

--------

"You have no brothers or sisters?" I asked.

"I have an older brother and a neice and nephew." He smiled.

"Wow. Already? How old is he?"

"Twenty seven. He married a girl he met at his university. He's a Lawyer and she is a writer. She writes Philosophy books."

"Must be nice."

"Oh yea. They're filthy rich." He agreed.

"So what happened with you and that Caleb guy?" He asked.

"Oh...Well you'll probably think I'm crazy but me and him were mated at age four because we were best of friends. He moved away when we were nine and when I met him again six years later we kind of went separate ways."

"Do you guys have anything in common?"

"A lot; football, hockey, movies, music...everything. I could always tell when he was angry...sad...happy and I knew what was wrong...now he's with some skank who's cheating on him and he doesn't see that." I sighed.

"So, you moved away?"

"Yea. I decided I had enough of werewolf stuff and I am attempting to leave it all behind."

"Running away from your problems?"

"I don't have any problems anymore."

"Are you sure? Are you happy, Aubs?"

I thought about it as we went in the elevator up to the fifth floor. I wasn't happy. I was miserable. I wanted things to be normal.

"Later Aubs." He said.

"Ren wait..." I said pulling him back.

"I'm not happy. I am sad...I hate it. I want things to be normal...Why does it have to happen to me?"

"Aubbrie there are people in the world like you who don't have their love ones with them, either they passed on or they simply haven't found them. You still have a chnace but you won't take it." He explained.

"If you want something go take it." I sighed.

"Exactly."

"But I'm so far from him. I am over seas." I sighed.

"If you want him that bad you'd be gone already." He said checking his watch.

"Exactly." I smirked closing the elevator door.

--------------------

This story won't be long but there will definitley be a part 2 to it.