Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

"I can't believe it." Lacy said. She sat in front of the mirror as I did her hair.

"Cold feet?" I laughed. It was her wedding day. March twenty-first. I was still under Caleb's watch as he sat on the couch a little bit away. We were at Lacy's parents' house.

"Let's shove you in that wedding dress." I said. I brought her into the bathroom where I pulled it over her head and zipped it up in the back. I placed her white heels on the floor. Her wedding dress was short in the front and long in the back. Her hair was curled and I placed on her veil.

"So pretty." I smiled.

"I'm going to cry." She said.

"Smudge your make-up and I'll punch you." I ordered. I brought her out.

"Caleb?" I asked. He was watching TV and he looked over and turned it off.

"You look very beautiful, Lacy." He said respectfully.

"Thank-you." She said looking in the mirror one last time. As her parents knocked on the door I let them have time alone as me and Caleb went downstairs. I was her maid of honour and I was walking down the aisle by ourselves. That's the way she wanted it. I went last with the flower girls which I had to carry because she couldn't walk. She was two but she was a late bloomer. She flew rose petals everywhere. The rose petals matched my red dress. It was mid-thigh and flowy and moveable. It had straps and a v-neck.

"Here you go sweetie," I whispered setting her down by her parents.I walked back by the altar next to Trixie. When Lacy walked down. She was going to cry and she was smiling really big. Once she was next to Carter.

--later on--

Caleb and I said hi to everyone who approached us.

"Don't you love my bare hand?" I joked nudging his arm.

"I'm waiting for the right night. Soon though...Soon."

"Mysterious." I said secretivley.

"Someone wants to dance with you." Ren whispered

"With moi?" I asked. I turned and the little flower girl was waving to me sitting on her bum. She had on a white dress that puffed out.

"Of course." I said shoving my drink into Ren. I scooped her up. Lacy's niece was the cutest little girl I ever seen. She had chubby cheeks and curly blonde hair. I danced around with her as she laughed and giggled. But as the slow song came on she dozed off to sleep. I brought her back to Lacy's older sister.

"Thank you, Aubbrie. I was waiting for her to pass out." She said thankfully as she placed her in the stroller.

"No problem." I smiled.

"I'm tired." I yawned resting my head on Caleb's shoulder.

"One dance and we'll go home."

"Finally." I groaned so happy to go home. We danced to some slow song that I didn't know, unfortunately.

"I like this song." He whispered as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Mhmmm..." I said sleepily.He chuckled at my response.

"I love you so much, Aubbrie."

"I love you too, Caleb." I whispered back.

---------------

The next few chapters are mostly going to be about the weddings.