What for?

[It's dawn... The city is loud from up here, but I can't hear a thing over sound of the blasting music that flows through the earbuds plugged into my head... The only thing louder than the beat of the song is the voice in my head... It's loud... It's screaming constantly... I can't hear a thing.

Everything is silent. Now only the wind that blows falling petals between my fingers as I reach out for...for...for?

That's all I can hear, the wind. My eyes are open. I'm looking at the ball of light peeking over scattered buildings and skyscrapers. The ball that rises from the place where the sky and the crashing waves meet. The ball that's suppose to make everything clear...

What is a dog that can't fetch when told to by its owner... Disobedient?...lost?... Broken? Or just useless?

What am I? What do I feel when I cannot fetch for...for?

There is water. It drips on my shirt and stains the ground... Even after it dries it's mark still remain. My head tilted up but there's not a cloud in the sky. No I'm wrong... There is one cloud. It seems to have been following me all day. It has been following me for a while now.

How long has it been? What...what is it following me for? Why is it so dark?

A bird. One bird. It's beautiful. It carries a beauty that is unimaginable... It's right before me. It's burning. Every feather it has is burning...Its eyes they are looking at me?

Why me?

Why with that same look?

That look... I've seen it before. In the eyes of...of.

THE BIRD! It's not burning anymore.

That's good... Right?

Funny it looked more alive when it was burning. More than it does now...

Now that it's flame has burned out. It's falling. It fell before my feet. Solid now shattered.

Been there done that... Broken.

I've been that. Am I a bird? Am I that bird? But I am a dog? No.

What am I?

I am... Am I? What?

I can't be a dog because I am disobedient. I can't fetch.

A bird. If I can fly then I can fly right... Right?

If I can fly then surely i'm a bird.

The ledge seems so high now. 30 stories up. i rise above this city like the ball in the sky and this i feel... what do i feel? excitement?... no burning burning like the ball burning like..like.... LIKE THE BIRD! ]

"Yes i can fly!" [just one step forward and i will have found me!]

"Hey!"

[what was that? .....why am i frozen?... I'm solid.

solid like the bird that was once on fire...]

"Get down from there!"

[Why?.... What?... my feet they are moving... but not forward. not onward towards the sky as i please but backward... towords... towards....]

"Please! please get down from there."

[To that... my feet move to that voice. That voice that's louder than the city streets.

louder than the music flowing through my earbuds..

Louder than the one in my head?... no the same as the one in my head.

The one that i've lost myself to.

Im off the ledge now but still looking towards the sky.

This sky is different.

This sky is the one that lives in the irises of... of...]

"I'm sorry.... I was upset and i didn't mean what I said."

[Those words. they are loud. not to my ears but to my soul... those words are screaming just as before but in a different tone.]

"I don't want you to do this."

[that is that? I feel surrounded.... am I being suffocated?... no...

Im being tied... but not tied down, tied to...]

"I love you."

[Tied to... to... this feeling... to that voice?... to something warm.

The burning has returned and i am once again solid...I am shattered... and i have proven that i can fly because those words are my wings that lift me so high, but i'm not a bird... I am no longer disobedient...I have fetched...but i'm not a dog... I have risen and no longer lost in the wind... I'm lost in your arms... you... you with water dripping from your sky.... that water runs down your face.... why?... what...What is this warmth i feel?

Your lips.. they are mine...

It's no longer the flames. the flames that are burning brighter than ever now than they have before.

What is this?

A kiss... your kiss.... our kiss.]

"I love you... too."

[what? what did I just say? who are you? what is this?... what... what... what am i...]

"Marry me."

[My head is nodding... it's not in my control...my cloud. it's gone. that dark cloud has faded and the sky is clear! both the one with the ball shining on our faces and the one in your eyes. they are clear. everything thing is clear.

I know now what i am.

I am....

I...

am...

Yours.]

"yes!"

[YES! I am yours... for you have been the only one who has ever made it clear for me.

When i am lost you find me.

When i rains you shield me from the storm.

When i want to fly it's you who lifts me.

when i am shattered you collect my pieces and bond me back together with your clay words and burning flames of love.

I do what you say because your words whether they are whispers or screams they have never lead me down a path of loneliness before but have always brought me a friend and now... a lover.

I am yours... That's all i ever wanted.

And that i have fetched is your heart.

you are mine.]

"Let's go home." [but i am home. here... in your arms.]