Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Kyler had finally talked his sister to sleep before closing the door behind him. He gave me one glance before sighing and heading off to his side of the villa. I stood outside her room for a little while more and let her question echo through my mind. Do people change?

The more I thought about it, the more my mind spun around the question. Do they ever change? Do people ever shed bad skin or is it always there? If I’d pushed on, would Louie have changed? If I got over it, would I change?

I shook my head, resurfacing back out of the depths of my imagination. I briskly hurried back to my room before glancing out and analysing the night view. It’s only two in the morning. I’ll be fine. I grabbed a coat off the hangers of the wardrobe and changed into more comfortable shoes before heading out of his villa.

I walked further into the city before managing to hail a cab and heading towards the apartment. Once I arrived, I headed straight for the work room and got to work. I’ve been in London for five days and I’m way behind schedule. The ivory material was coming together nicely but the shape of the base of the dress was still far from, well, what a dress usually looked like.

You see, there’s a reason why I love designing so much. It makes me powerful in a way. I can grab any piece of material and turn it into something special. It’s like giving life to a block of material. My hands can create something new and unique.

I stopped cutting along the piece of material and smiled at the thought. I put the scissors down and glanced at my phone. Five in the morning. I stood up and headed towards the other room and climbed under the sheets in that peacock dress I still had on.

<> 

“Where the hell are you?” He screamed at me, earlier next morning. I sat up and leaned against the bed head frowning as I realised how tired I still was. Kyler seems to have started a routinely call every morning at eight to check up on me.

“You know how many times I’ve received this call?” I laughed. “You never say hi either.” I added as an afterthought.

“That’s because you left my villa at two in the morning. Did it not occur to you that you could stay in your guest room?” He bellowed back at me.

“Wow, did you only just find out? I would have thought the guards would wake you the second I stepped foot out of your villa.” I shot back at him.

“Why are you so pissed at me?” He yelled back.

“Maybe because I slept at five this morning and you’re calling three hours later?” I helpfully informed him of my circumstances.

“Our agreement was that neither would commit an act of infidelity.” He supplied angrily.

“What makes you think that I was cheating? I wasn’t having sex at two in the morning.” I pushed away the tiredness that was creeping forward feeling extremely pissed off now. “You know, you’re not the only one who has to work. I let you ship, wait no, fly me around on your whim to fit to your needs. Does it occur to you that I actually have a job and clients to attend to, whether or not it suits your needs? You really need to calm down and take a step back. I’m not even your real girlfriend. I understand this need to protect me since I’m supposedly dating a Thorne but you can’t keep yelling at me for my whereabouts. Oh for god sake, I’m coming over now.”

I cut the call and got ready to meet him. I knew that turning up in the same peacock dress as last night would not help my case but what can I do? I don’t have time to make a new dress and all my luggage is back at his place. Well, my only suitcase is back there.