Chapter 11

Chapter 11

<> 

I stepped out of the car and took in the building before me. “I don’t understand why you want to visit a school.” Kyler’s skeptic voice sounded behind me.

“Deal with it.” I sang. “Ahh, I finally get to see inside. C’mon.” I wouldn’t let his sour mood destroy the excitement. I wonder how Chris would react when he sees me.

“Argh. I don’t understand why you’re so happy. I could’ve taken you just about anywhere and …” He shook his head, clicking the car locked and placing a hand on my back. He led me into the school where the principal was waiting for us in front of the administration building.

“Mr Thorne! Miss! Welcome to Genesis High! I’m Mr Gregory Halter.” He held out his hand and Kyler stepped forward to take it.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Gregory.” I smiled and said the same words. The principal then let out a nervous laugh before speaking again.

“It’s still quite early and there are only a few students on the grounds but soon everyone will be coming in. How about my office? This way.”

He rambled continuously about some sort of important matter. I eyed the school hallways and classrooms. So this is where Chris goes school each day. The principal opened the door to his office and told us to go in.

“Can you give me and my girlfriend a second? I want to tell her something.” The principal’s eyes widened before he nodded and hurried inside his office, closing his door.

Kyler took my hand and tugged it. I fell forward like he expected and he hid his face into the nape of my neck. I stiffened and swallowed down a scream.

“W-what are you doing?” I stammered angrily.

“I can’t let any camera’s in here tape what I’m about to say.” Then I understood.

“Then hurry up. I don’t want you face in my neck the whole day.” I muttered, hoping that the world would never need to use this camera footage ever.

“You owe me so much. I’m sure this Gregory dude is expecting me to donate a heap of money. God, people like him are so annoying.” He spoke annoyed.

“Is that it?” I snapped back. “Move.” I pushed him away and he stumbled slightly. He glanced at the camera out of the corner of his eye before reaching towards me and fixing my hair. I glared at him and moved past him into the office.

“Sorry for the wait.” I apologised, closing the door behind. Gregory instantly got up and shook his head.

“It was no problem. Is there anything specific that you want to see here today?” He walked over to the lounge and gestured for us to sit.

“My girlfriend insisted on seeing this school.” Kyler spoke professionally.

“Oh, is that so, Miss…?” He trailed off before starting again. “I’m sorry. I haven’t have the pleasure of hearing your name yet.”

“Serenity Taylor.” I smiled as the admin lady came in with three cups of tea. “Thank you.” I tipped my head slightly acknowledging her as accepted the cup and sipped. “Earl Grey. Beautiful.”

Mr Halter looked quite shocked. “Miss Taylor, you know your teas quite well. Are you a collector?”

“I know them but I’m not a collector unfortunately.” I shot down his assumption.

“So, what are you hoping to see today?” He asked, attentive.

“I’m looking around at the students here. I’m actually interested in holding an fundraising festival like event for the students here. I’ll sponsor it of course.” The principal almost choked on his cup of tea and I could hear Kyler choking on his beside me.