Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I felt a waterfall of ice cold water cascade down my face and seep through my night slip. I shot out of bed faster than I ever imagined and glared at who I saw there.

“Finally, that took too long.” Del was at my bedside with now empty bucket and he put it down and sat on an armchair.

“What the fick!” I screamed at him in surprise.

“I called you so many times and you didn’t pick up.” He chucked me my phone and I slide it open to see the 49 missed calls from Del.

“I really thought I had 50 but whatever. Hurry up and dress.” He tapped his feet, showing his obvious impatience.

“It’s so early. Why did you wake me up?” I squinted at him and yawned.

“It’s not early. It’s 6 in the evening.” He kept a very straight face as he told me.

“Are you serious?” My eyes widened in horror. “When’s the party?” I shut my eyes and braved myself for his answer.

“In an hour. How on earth did you manage to sleep for so long?”

“Well, I was cleaning the room up until 3 in the morning and then I was tired and it is my vacation.” I glared at him.

“Well then stop glaring at me and hurry up and get dressed.” He gestured towards the wardrobe.

“Did you ever stop to consider that I have no evening dresses to wear?” He jerked around to me and sighed.

“Tell me you’re kidding.” He crossed his fingers and mentally counted to, I think, ten.

“I’m kidding. Not.” I raised both my hands. “Sorry Del, I really don’t have any.”

“I’m sure there’s a store somewhere nearby. Hurry up, Reni. I’ll meet you downstairs. You’ve got five minutes and do not fall asleep again.” He sighed again, clearly annoyed.

“Sorry Del. I’ll be right there.” He walked out and carefully took in the suite. I grabbed some random dress from my wardrobe so changing would be easier. I wore simple black flats and headed downstairs. I scanned the lobby and frowned. Where was he?

“Here.” He appeared beside me and I jumped in surprise.

“How do you know what I was thinking?” I asked even the answer was fairly obvious.

“It was written all over your face.” He had a slight smile on his face. He pushed me into the elevator.

“You found the shop?” I peered at his face trying to read an answer.

“Yeah, up one floor.” The trip up was quick and we made our way through the busy hallways.

“Is that it?” I pointed up ahead where mannequins began to fall into sight.

“Yeah, that’s it. Come.” Del pushed me through the door and signalled for the saleswoman.

“Hi! My name’s Marie. How may I help you?” The saleswoman spoke in a bubbly saleswoman type of voice.

Del nodded a greeting and began his request. “I need a dress for my sister. Evening gown. Preferably a royal purple strapless with a white blazer, elbow sleeves. And a matching chiffon peep toe heels.”

“Certainly. I’ll go to the back. I think we might have the dress similar to what you’re looking for. The shoes we definitely have but I’ll check if the colour matches. White blazers are to your left. Elbow length ones are near the front of the rack. Oh and before I go, may I ask for your size?”