46

LEXI

This is not my first time to be here in New York City. I've been here a couple of times, mostly business trips wherein I have to present Ervy Realtors Chicago. But this trip is different, because it's actually my first time out of my beloved city with Gab. I've got to spend three fun-filled days and hmm maybe some hot nights with her. I felt giddy and I can't seem to hide the excitement written all over my face. Sure it's still about business why we're here but the thought of spending 3 days in this wonderful city with Gab, makes it something to look forward to.

We arrived at LaGuardia airport after the 2 hour flight and just like me, Gab is so excited. It's just her third time to visit the City and the plane ride consisted of Gab blabbing about the places she wanted to visit, while I sat back in my seat, amused of how the excitement sparkled her bright green eyes. Her hands never let go of mine the entire flight and I felt so safe tugged under her chin, over her chest. She'd hold me tighter every time the plane would encounter turbulence, and I can't help but smile. Gab really is the sweetest person, to think she's a woman just like me. I've never felt this secured and protected even with the men I've dated, Gab is way too different among them and I'm happy to have her in my life.

We stepped at the arrival area and I immediately recognized the person holding a huge sign board with our name. The man was Davis. He is the assigned driver for Mr. Ervy's whenever he's in the City. He is a tall man with bear like body structure and a funny mustache. Every time I'd visit New York he'd also drive for me and I really love his company. Davis has this bubbly personality and he has a positive outlook in almost everything. He is also very cautious in driving and he knows to beat traffic very well, at any day.

"Good Afternoon ladies"

"Hi Davis"

He bowed before us and lingered his gaze longer at Gab who is now suppressing a laugh because I knew she's staring at Davis' funny mustache.

"Uhm this is Gabrielle, and Gab this good looking and buff guy right here is Davis"

"Nice to meet you Ms. Ervy"

"Call me Gab and it's a pleasure to meet you"

Davis led us to the car and I looked over my shoulder to see Gab still stifling a laugh. I glared at her and at once she straightened up and mouthed "Sorry". I grab her hand and tugged it over my arm as we trailed from behind.

The car started rolling along the streets of Manhattan and Gab's eyes were filled with fascination and she is just simply exhilarated. There, that's the kid in Gab. She likes to see places even though she's well-traveled at a young age. Travelling always excites her.

"I can't remember New York being this nice. I mean it's more than 5 years since the last time I was here"

New York is wonderful, no question to that, but my heart will always be with Chicago. I find New York a very busy and congested city not to mention the traffic. Speaking of, the car slowed to a stop on the red light.

"Yes Gab, but I'd still choose Chicago"

"Of course"

She cocked her head on the side and gave me a sheepish grin. Then she continued.

"It's where I met you. I'd always choose that city over anywhere"

I tried so hard to hide my flustered cheeks but too late, Gab already noticed it which again made her smile. Our eyes locked and something in me ignited. Gab's gaze is full of desire and I know what exactly she is thinking about. I unconsciously bit my lip which made her swallow hard as she continued to eye me from across. I stifled a giggle feeling amused at how Gab reacts to me. Then I heard Davis spoke, looking at us on the rear view mirror.