/15\

A series of howls echoed in the distance. Sans cast a nervous glance over his shoulder and turned back to look at you, his eyesockets dark. "We need to leave," he instructs, voice grim. Sans extends his hand to you.

Do you trust the skeleton? The same demonic voice chides in your head.

Of course! you snap back at the voice and take his hand. Sans gives you a nervous smile.

You had never grown used to the sensation of teleporting. You collapsed to the wood floor of Sans' house and threw up the few contents you had for breakfast. "S-Sans?" a weak voice called from the kitchen followed by a crashing noise.

Panic seized the both of you and you rushed into the kitchen. A taller skeleton lay motionless on the floor, groaning in pain at a newly formed crack on his skull. "Is this Papyrus?" you whispered to Sans who nodded slightly, his eyesockets dark.

"I'm f-fine," Papyrus mumbled as the two of you helped him onto the couch. "W-Who is t-this?"

"I'm [Y/N], [Y/N] the human," you replied, holding out your hand. Sans laughed weakly at the inside joke. Papyrus didn't seem to catch on and refused to shake your hand, as if touching you would trigger a much more demented form of himself.

"[Y/N] you know it is very dangerous being here," Papyrus says, his voice grave. There was an overwhelming sense of nostalgia that washed through you. Your memories of previous timelines had blended together, but you knew that Papyrus had been much more lighthearted than the one before you.

"I know," you said, your voice choking with emotion. "That's why I'm here to help."

"You can't help us." It was Sans' turn to reply. His white pinpricks had disappeared to a single glowing left eye. "You will die."

Noticing your shocked reaction, his blue eye vanished. "I'm sorry [Y/N]..."

You nodded slightly and noticed a slight tear in the couch cushions from where Papyrus had been sitting. A long tail was emerging from him that thrashed around violently. Sans seemed to take notice of this and motioned for you to go upstairs. Orange flames crackled around Papyrus' eyes.

"H-Hey Paps, everything is going to be okay..." You could make out Sans' voice as you locked yourself in Papyrus' room. You recalled previous memories of his room and compared it to the one before you.

Instead of a race car bed, there was a simple twin-sized bed that stood in the corner of the bedroom. Papyrus' familiar armor was tucked in a box, dusty and forgotten. The most ominous thing that caught your attention were the claw marks that ran across the walls. You rubbed your finger over the indentations and discovered that they were about half an inch deep.

Did Papyrus cause this? you wondered.

A sudden howl from downstairs confirmed your answer. The sound of a body colliding with a wall rang through the house as a demonic being of some sort scampered up the stairs and began to claw frantically at the door. "H....H...u....u....m....a.....n....n..." A slurred voice growled.

You retreated from the door and locked yourself in the closet as the thin door shattered. You slowly bent down to peer underneath the crack of the closet door to see that an enormous skeletal like beast had entered Papyrus' room. Claws twice the size of your hands padded hungrily around the room, overturning the bed and boxes. The red armor fell out and rolled across the floor.

The demented version of Papyrus stopped suddenly and examined the armor. Hope flared in your chest and immediately shriveled as he raked his claws against the plastic and fabric, destroying it.

"P-Papyrus, look what you're doing!" Sans voice called from the entrance to the room. The creature ignored him and continued searching the room. There was an ominous pause before a loud cracking noise filled the silence, shattering the closet door into pieces.

You cried out in pain as splinters rained down on you, causing blood to sprout in multiple places. Sans went stiff, his eyesockets dark as the first drop of your blood hit the ground. "You need to run," he growled, his voice changing into one much more demonic.

Run where? you thought angrily as Papyrus blocked your path. You caught a full glimpse of the beast he had become. His head had transformed into a shape similar to that of a Gaster Blaster and had taken on a dog-like appearance. His tail seemed to be the main weapon, jagged spikes running across it. Orange eyes glistened angrily at you.

Sans collapsed to the ground, unable to control the transformation process. A tail much longer than Papyrus' sprouted from him and he fell to the ground. His limbs grew at a rapid rate, almost four times their normal size. His fingers began sharpened at the edges, eerily similar to the ones that had belonged to Sans in the previous timeline.

His jacket was unable to contain the rapid growth of his rib cage and shredded into pieces. Sans' skull sharpened and elongated, matching the head of a Gaster Blaster. Two blue eyes stared at you in awe, a hint of his former self still remaining. It vanished as quickly as it had come and pure instinct took over.

Sans and Papyrus circled around you, unsure of who would make the first move. Sans took a step closer to you and was immediately shunned by Papyrus who snapped angrily at him. They can't decide who will kill me first, you thought bitterly. A sudden flash of hope occurred to you. But if I die, then it brings me one step closer to resetting this damned place.

Naughty, naughty, Chara's voice sang in your head. You honestly thought that you were the one with the power over the Final Reset? How adorable.

"Please..." you whimpered, shaking as Sans and Papyrus inched closer to you. "I don't want to die..."

I'll allow you to reset... Chara paused, enjoying her advantage. If you can make it to the surface.

"That's not possible!" you protested. She didn't reply, convincing you that either Chara had already left. Papyrus leaped at you suddenly, baring a set of sharpened fangs. You rolled to the side, just barely avoiding his fangs that lodged into the carpet. Papyrus struggled for a moment and then finally freed himself, taking along several chunks of the flooring.

You grabbed a loose piece of carpeting and smacked it alongside Papyrus' head. He let out a screech of pain and collapsed to the floor. You felt a surge of triumph and felt it immediately vanish as Sans turned his gaze to you.

The monstrosity of the skeleton disappeared. Panic surged through you and you slowly turned around to see the two rows of sharp fangs directly above your shoulder. Hot pain shot through you and you let out a scream.

Blood oozed from a gaping hole in your shoulder. Sans' form shrank in size and he collapsed to the ground, panting as he wiped a smear of blood from his mouth. "[Y-Y/N]..." he gasped, looking from a bloodied hand to your shoulder.

A wave of energy pulsed from your hands. You raised a trembling finger to trace the edges of the wound on you shoulder. You and Sans watched in astonishment as the skin slowly formed together and closed. "H-How..." you stammered, looking at your hands as if they did not belong to you.

"Is the human alright?" Papyrus' weakened voice came from behind you. He rubbed a spot on his skull from where you assumed you had hit him. You felt a wave of guilt for him.

You nodded slightly and Papyrus seemed to relax. Sans remained motionless in the corner, eyesockets dark. "What happened to Sans?" he asked, the answer slowly dawning upon him. "[Y-Y/N], it's not safe for you to stay here. You must leave now."

"No," you replied firmly, slightly shocked by your own words. "I'm staying."

"We should run down to Alphys' and get some more supplements," Sans suggested, brushing the blood off his hands. He gave you a forced smile and walked downstairs, Papyrus trailing after him,

The supplements can barely keep the monster's hunger at bay, you thought ominously. How long will it be before the entire Underground goes savage?