Ashlynn(Thalia)

A/N

I mean no offense to anyone
All demigod/God characters belong to Rick Riordan
Any similarities with a character or location are completely incidental

Ashlynn P.O.V.

I was in another boring English class when our teacher announced that we had a new girl. Obviously I looked up to determine her group. Was she gonna be another wannabe, an athlete, a new school slut, or maybe she'd be nice.

"Class we have a new student today this is Thalia Gra-
"Say my last name and that's the last thing you'll ever say. Just Thalia."

I liked this girl already, she had spiky black hair with blue streaks in it and electric blue eyes. She was wearing a Green Day shirt and black jeans and combat boots. Also she had a weird silver tiara type of thing on her head. But overall she definitely had a punk vibe. I could tell we would become friends.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought she was really cool because the school jock/jerk Aaron walked up to her.

"Hey Babe I like my girls feisty, my parents aren't home tonight and we could have some fun."

In response he got a broken nose.

"I don't date, but even if I did I wouldn't date jerks who think they can get any girl they want. Now is anyone else gonna try and hit on me cause if not I'd like to sit down now."

No boy made an attempt to flirt with her and she sat down in the seat next to me.

"Hi Thalia, I'm Ashlynn, btw I love your shirt and it's about time someone put Aaron in his place."
"I like you Ashlynn, can you help me find my way around today?"
"Totally, what's your next class?"
"Ummm......... Actually I don't know. I'm dyslexic so as of right now I can't read my schedule."

She handed me her schedule and I was really excited.

"We have all of our classes together so you can just follow me for the rest of day."
"Thanks."
"Do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch?"
"Sure, as long as there are no boys"
"Ewwww no boys are nasty jerks who have no respect for women."
"Great minds think alike." Thalia said this with a smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip to Lunch~~~~~~~~~~

Walking into lunch I hoped Thalia would like my friends. I mean I don't see why she wouldn't, but I really wanted to be friends with her.

"So Thalia these are my other friends, Gracie, Drew, Sarah, Willow and Kenzie. Girls this is Thalia, a fellow boy hating girl."

Thalia smiled when I said that, clearly she liked the group.

Curious Kenzie just had to start asking questions.

"Thalia where did you go to school before?"
"Um New York"
"What's your last name?"
"I don't use it"
"Ok, so you hate boys?"
"With a fiery passion, I'm an eternal maiden."
"That's so cool, I wanna be an eternal maiden!!"

The rest of lunch went on like this and I think Thalia really likes my friends.

~~~~~Two weeks later~~~~~

I was eating my usual breakfast of waffles, when I got the shock of my life.

The news reporter said that Greek gods are real?!??! Apparently something called the mist was preventing us from seeing their world. All the monsters are real too. I can't wait to tell my friends!

When I got to school I found my friends in our usual spot under the pinecone tree at the edge of the school property. We aren't very social and at this point people have gotten the hint to not flirt with us cause Thalia beats them up if they do.

"Hey guys"

A chorus of "Hey Ashlynn" followed.
"Did you guys watch the news this morning?"
"No"
"No"
"No"
"No"
"No"
"No"

"Ok well guess what"
"What"
"Apparently the Greek myths are real!"

Everyone looked shocked, except Thalia just looked like she was gonna pass out.

"Thalia are you ok?"
"What do you mean the Greek myths are real?"
"Ok so there's this stuff called the mist that stopped us from seeing everything."
"Oh ok that's crazy but cool I guess"
"Well let's go we need to get to class"

Little did I know, gym was gonna be extra interesting today.

"Alright cupcakes, I'm Coach Hedge and I'm your new gym teacher. I'm sure you're all aware that the Greek myths are real, if not than now you know. It is now required to have monster defense, for obvious reasons. So do you guys know what demigods are. Demigods are half god half human, this happens when a god mates with a mortal. These demigods have been fighting these monsters for centuries and a demigod camp was nice enough to send instructors to help us. Today we will be doing archery. I expect you to respect your instructor."

Then two people walked into the gym. First was a man who looked our age. He had blonde hair, a perfect tan and crystal blue eyes(Will). Next was a girl who looked about 13. She had auburn hair and silver eyes(Artemis). Then they introduced themselves.

"Hello everyone I'm Will Solace, son of Apollo." (I know Will isn't to good with archery but just go with it)

"I'm Artemis, the goddess. I can appear at any age but I prefer to look like this"

After she introduced herself everyone bowed, I think I even heard Thalia say M'lady. Weird right?

"Ok so all of you girls come with me. All of the males go with Will"

We split off into our groups to start our lesson.

"Does anyone have any previous experience with a bow and arrows besides Thalia?"
Everyone looked at Thalia who was glaring at Artemis. Didn't she know not to glare at a goddess?
"Really M'lady? Can't I have some fun?"

M'lady? This just keeps getting weirder.

"I don't know Thalia, last time you 'had some fun' Percy almost died........ Twice"
"Please M'lady?"
"Fine everyone watch as Thalia expertly demonstrates how to use a bow and arrow"

After she said that, Thalia walked to about 50 feet away from the target, did a backflip and shot three arrows. All of which hit each other, on the bullseye. Wow.

But then when I looked at Thalia again she had changed clothes. Now she had a silver parka on and her bow and arrow were silver. I looked over at the rest of the group and saw that they were also confused. How did she do that?

"M'lady I have some possible recruits"
"Then call them up here."
"Ashlynn, Gracie, Drew, Sarah, Willow and Kenzie come on up here."

Walking up, I was really nervous. I mean she just told me to walk towards a goddess.
Kenzie, as curious as ever had to ask a question.

"Who are you really?"
"I'm Thalia, daughter of Zeus, lieutenant of Artemis *insert titles*. I called you up here to ask if you wanted to join to hunters, become eternal maidens and travel across the country hunting monsters."

We all said yes right away except for Willow.

"I-I-I can't" she was talking to Thalia now.
"Why not?"
"Because I'm not a maiden"
"What do you mean?"
"My st-stepdad r-r-ra well I think you can figure it out."

At this point she was crying.

Thalia started to comfort her.
"Hey, Willow it's ok. You can still join the hunt and then boys can never hurt you again."
"I-I-I like that idea." She said while wiping away her tears.

We never finished school that day. Hades, we never even finished gym class. But that was one of the best days of my life.

That was the day I joined the hunt.