Chapter 6

Hannah's POV

The audition was a long, painful - did I mention long? - process. The pain of it was waiting to audition, then waiting to know if you made the next cut.

It was kind of ironic; the girl, Abbey, who was in my group for the auditon, was the finalist. Along with me. We were the two girls they were picking between. Abbey or me.

Abbey and I had grown pretty close in this audition process. Having to spend the whole entire day together got us to talk a lot, and we shared a lot of laughs. And tears, when the two boys - Derek and Jake - from our group got cut. But they were happy, because we had made it into the final two.

Abbey and I were the final two girls. The final two boys were these guys named Brett and Jack. They were picking the final boy for the show first, and Brett and Jack walked down towards the room that the director was in. Abbey and I on the other hand, stayed in a room, sitting there in silence.

"So," I started, "if you get this, you're going to live at the Palm Woods?"

"Yeah, and I'm so excited," Abbey said, grinning. "What about you?"

"Well, I'm already staying at the Palm Woods. But it's temperary. If I don't get this, I'm going back home," I said, and Abbey's smile fell off her face.

"Wait, why wouldn't you try other auditions, if you didn't get this?"Abbey asked, worriedly.

"Because my mom made me promise that I would come back home if the first audition I went to didn't work out," I said, rolling my eyes at my mom's ridiculousness.

"That's horrible! She can't expect you to get the first role you go after," Abbey said, and I nodded.

"That's exactly what me and everyone else has been saying."

"Girls? We need you now," The assistant to the director called, and we both took a deep breath. We grabbed each others hands, as we walked down towards the director.

*~*~*

"Abbey, this is great!" I said, trying to hide my sadness.

That's right. I didn't get the role.

"But, now you have to go back home," Abbey said, and I sighed. I tried to contain the tears that were waiting to erupt.

"No, it's fine. Abbey, you deserve this."

"But, Hannah-"

"No but's. You deserve it," I said, and Abbey frowned, nodding. We decided to head back to the Palm Woods.

A Few Days Later...

I had packed everything up in the apartment. Abbey had moved in to her new apartment. I was leaving. She was staying.

I was extremely happy for Abbey, don't get me wrong. Abbey has actually become one of my good friends, and her and Jay seem to be getting along, too. It's just the fact that I don't want to leave.

Everyone knows that I'm leaving the Palm Woods, and that I didn't get the part; besides Kendall.

I don't know what was holding me back. Jay is convinced that I'm falling for Kendall, and she got me pretty convinced too. I wasn't going to admit to her that she was right, and that I was falling for him. Because then she could just say 'I told you so.'

But, I managed to keep this to myself. I thought about him all the time, it was kind of insane. I haven't talked to him since we hung out a few nights ago, and I couldn't bare look him in the eye and tell him I was leaving. I won't be able to stand being away from someone that I'm falling completely head over heels for, and won't be able to tell him. I barely got to know him.

But yet, I knew so much about him that I could fall inlove with him.

There was a knock on my door, and I sighed, zipping up my last suitcase before walking towards the door. I swung the door open, my eyes widening at the person at the door. "Hi, Kendall."

"Hey, Hannah," Kendall said, a grin on his face. "I was wondering if you-" Kendall started, but stopped himself. His eyes wandered past me, and into my empty apartment. He looked down at me, his eyes wide. "You're leaving?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, tugging at the bottom of my shirt. "I didn't get the part."

"What? How come you didn't tell me?" Kendall asked, and I shrugged.

"I couldn't stand telling you; I would get to upset," I said, blushing slightly at my own words. Jay told me to drop hints that I was liking him; was this close enough? But it doesn't matter now, because I'm leaving. I can't start a relationship with a guy, and then leave and never see him.

"Hannah, why would you get upset about telling me?" Kendall asked, and I smiled slightly.

"Because, I lik-" I started, but I heard someone call my name from the hallway.

"Hannah, don't you have to leave for your flight back to Virigina?" Jay asked, and I sighed. I was about to tell Kendall that I liked him, even though I probably shouldn't have to begin with.

"Yeah. I should go," I said, to Kendall and he frowned at me.

"This is goodbye," Kendall said, "seems like we only met yesterday."

"It kind of was only, like, five days ago," Jay said, and Kendall and I glared at her. "Sorry, I'll go get in the car to drive you to the airport." Jay said, before walking down the hallway, entering the elevator.

"Bye, Kendall," I said. I wrapped my arms around his waist, giving him a tight hug, before grabbing my suitcases and rolling them down the hallway.

"Bye, Hannah."