Chapter 13

Hannah's POV

I scrambled through my coat pocket, ancxiously getting my phone out. As I hurried to find my mom's contact, Kendall grabbed my phone from my hand. "What are you doing? I need to call them!" I yelled, and Kendall sighed.

"What if they take you back to Virginia?" Kendall asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Kendall!" Everyone yelled, and he shrugged.

"What?!" He yelled back, and I snatched my phone from him.

"I can't just not talk to them ever again. Did you not see the news 5 minutes ago? Their looking for me, Kendall! I need to tell them that I'm okay!" I explained, and Kendall fell silent as I clicked the call button.

The phone rang over and over, before I finally heard my mom's shaky voice. "Hannah?"

"Hi, Mom," I said, and I heard her let out a sob.

"Hannah! Are you okay? Where are you?"

"I'm fine, Mom, I promise. And, I'm in LA," I said slowly, and I heard her intake of breath.

"You're in LA?!" She yelled, and I jumped back, being startled from her outburst.

"Yeah. Let me explain!" I said, stopping her before she could yell at me anymore that she already has. "A friend came to get me, and I agreed. It's not their fault, they actually told me to stay if I didn't want to go, but I did. I left with him without telling you, and I'm sorry."

"What friend would do this?" My mom asked.

"Uh, you know that guy Kendall I told you about?" I asked her, glancing up at Kendall who smiled slightly at the sound of his name, and the face that I had told her about him.

"It was him?! That oh so perfect guy that you were falling inlove with?!" My mother questioned, and I winced.

"I'm sorry! It was a stupid thing to do," I said, and my mother scoffed.

"You think?" She said, and I heard my father in the background, asking who she was talking to. When she answered him, he must have snatched the phone away from her hands before she could say another word to me.

"Hannah? You need to get back to Viriginia, right now," My dad scolded, and I sighed.

"I know, I know. I knew being back in LA was to good to be true," I said, hoping to convince him of letting me stay.

"It is. Now pack your stuff, you're coming back home tomorrow," My dad said, hanging up the phone. I put my phone on the table, resting my elbows next to it and placing my head on my hands. I took a deep breath, before I felt a hand rest on my back. I looked up, seeing Kendall looking down at me.

"I'm sorry. I should have never took you back here, I knew this wouldn't work out," Kendall said, and I looked up into his emerald green eyes.

"Kendall, it's not your fault. I was the one who made the mistake to come back," I said, and Kendall started to protest but I interrupted him. "Please, I don't want to get into an arguement over who's fault it is."

Kendall nodded, as we walked back over towards the livingroom. The news was still on, and they were still talking about the missing girl in Virginia; me. "Sources say that she has just communicated with her parents after seeing this news broadcast, and that she will be expected home very soon."

I slumped on the couch, everyone's eyes on me. "So, you're leaving again. For good this time," Abbey sighed, and I nodded, blinking back the tears.

"Yeah, I guess so," I said.

Kendall sat down next to me on the couch, lacing our fingers together. I glanced down at our hands, blushing. "I need to ask you something."

"Yes?" I said, looking up at him.

"I know you're leaving tomorrow, but I would really like if I could show you something?" Kendall asked, and I nodded. He stood up, keeping our fingers laced together, as he guided me out of the apartment.

The whole entire way to wherever we were going, Kendall made me have a blindfold covering my eyes; the blindfold being one of James' purple bandanas. I couldn't help but laugh at how serious James was about these bandanas.

After I felt the car stop, I went to lift the bandana off of my eyes, but Kendall stopped me. "Wait! We're not there, yet!" He said, and I laughed, placing my hand back down on my lap. I heard my door open to my right, and Kendall helped me out of the car. "Get on my back."

"How can I do that? I can't see?" I asked, laughing, and I heard Kendall chuckle softly.

"Just jump. I'm right here," He said, and I smiled.

"Okay," I responded before jumping. Suprisingly, Kendall was right there, and I managed to be on his back without falling. He started to walk, and it felt like it took us forever to get where Kendall wanted us to be. I could hear a door open, and then quickly closing behind me. Kendall's footsteps filled the room as he walked up the stairs.

"Don't fall with me on your back!" I warned, and Kendall laughed.

"Alright, take your blindfold off," Kendall said, and I slipped the blindfold off of my eyes. I was facing a door, inside of a building.

"Uh, Kendall, where are we?" I asked, and Kendall smirked before moving his hand forward towards the doorknob. The door opened, revealing a room with a few chairs and tables here and there, but a strip of windows around the whole thing. "We're in a lighthouse?"

"You bet!" Kendall said, laughing and I stared in awe as Kendall walked into the room. "I hope you're not afraid of heights, were at the very top."

"Oh my god, this is so cool!" I said, entering the room as Kendall laughed at me.

"Come here, theres something I want to show you," Kendall said, motioning towards the window. I gave him a confused look, and he rolled his eyes. "Come on!" He laughed, and I did the same as I walked over towards the window, Kendall alreading standing there, smiling down at the ground.

I looked out the window, looking around at the beautiful scenery of the beach. The sun was setting, the sun just barely visable over the water. The sky was a mixture of yellow, orange, and pink, becoming a dark blue as night began to form. "Kendall, this is amazing," I said, and Kendall chuckled.

"Look down," Kendall said, looking over at me. I looked at him with wide eyes, before looking down at the sand, the water washing up on the beach. I saw a drawing out in the sand, realizing that they were letters. I looked farther down, going to the beginning of the sentence that was written in the sand.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I read the words in the sand over and over again, before finally looking up at Kendall. He stared at me with a worried expression. I realized that I was taking a while to respond, and that he was probably worried if I was going to ever answer the question. "Kendall, it's fabulous. But, I'm leaving tomorrow, and-"

"I know, I know. But we can make it work; I know we can," Kendall said, and I sighed, biting my lip. He started at me, and anxious expression crossing his face.

"Yes," I responded, and Kendall's lips turned into a huge grin. He started to do this happy dancing thing, and I laughed, throwing my head back.

Kendall stopped his dancing, grinning as he looked down at me. I smiled up at him, as I felt him leaning forward. Kendall's lips pressed against mine, and I smiled into the kiss. This kiss was way better than the one on my balcony; more relaxed, less tension. The fact that when we were on the balcony I was running away, I was stressed out and couldn't focus on anything. Even though I'm leaving tomorrow, Kendall said that everything was going to work out.

And I believed him.