Chapter 7

Jay's POV

As I drove Hannah to the airport, I took a glance over at her. She was staring out the window, not even looking in my direction. She was giving me the silent treatment. But, I don't think she was doing it on purpose. It was because she was so upset.

"Hannah? You alright?" I asked, and Hannah looked over at me, her eyes lined with tears.

"No. I was about to tell Kendall how I felt about him. But now, I have to live with the fact that I can never tell him how I feel, and I'll never know if he feels the same way," Hannah said, tears streaming down her face.

"Hannah, we can turn around and go back. I-"

"No, we can't. My flight leaves at 3," Hannah said softly, taking a glance at the clock before looking down at her lap. I looked at the clock; 2:06.

"We have time."

"I still need to go through security and everything."

"Alright," I said, giving up. We continued to drive to the airport, in comeplete silence.

Hannah's POV

Saying goodbye to Jay had been the hardest thing I've ever done. Jay and I had grown close since I was at the Palm Woods, and it seemed wrong that I was already saying goodbye, when we just said hello.

After the dreadful plane ride, I walked off of the plane and into the airport, spotting my mom and dad. I walked over to them, and they both smiled, wrapping their arms around me. "I've missed you so much!" My mom said, and I smiled, sadly.

"I've missed you, too," I said, before hugging my dad.

"So, I'm guessing the audition didn't go to well," My dad said, and I shook my head, looking down at the ground.

"No. But my friend Abbey got the part, so I guess it all turned out okay. I just wish I could have tried out for something else," I said, and my dad sighed. We all walked out of the airport after getting my suitcases. We got into our car, and drove back home.

Kendall's POV

"I can't believe she's gone," I mumbled, Carlos, Logan, James, Jay and Abbey all surrounding me. We were all together in Jay's apartment.

"We know how upset you are by this," Logan said, and I shook my head.

"I never got to tell her how I feel," I said, and Jay's eyes went wide. She looked away awkwardly, trying to hide the fact that she knew something. "Jay..."

"Yes?" She asked, looking at me.

"What do you know that I don't?" I asked, and Jay shook her head.

"Nothing!" She said, and Abbey rolled her eyes.

"Abbey? Do you know anything?" I said, and Abbey's eyes went wide.

"I know all the same information Jay knows. Jay is the one who told me," Abbey said, and I sighed.

"This stins! I realize now that I'm falling for Hannah, but now she's gone. And I'll never know how she feels in return," I said, resting my head on my hands. I saw Jay and Abbey exchange a glance.

"Should we...?" Abbey asked, and Hannah nodded.

"Should you what?" James asked.

"Kendall, on the way to the airport, Hannah was upset. She was going to tell you how she felt about you before she left, but she never got the chance. She said basically the exact same thing you said: She will never know if you feel the same way," Jay explained, and I blinked a few times, waiting for this all to process. But before I could really understand what Jay was talking about, Abbey starting talking.

"Hannah was falling for you, Kendall. And she never got to tell you."

"You tell me this now?" I asked, and Jay put her hands up in surrender.

"Hey, she just told me this in the car ride to the airport," Jay said, and I looked around the apartment, trying to get distracted.

"Can we get her from the airport? I'm sure her plane hasn't left-"

"Kendall, it's too late. She's gone," Carlos said, and I looked at my friends. Carlos, Logan and James seemed very quiet, and it was a rare accurence that they were talking in this discussion.

"Are you sure it's not to late?"

"She's on the plane to Virginia. She's gone."

Hannah's POV

I walked into my house, taking in the deep scent. I could smell chocolate chip cookies coming from the kitchen. "I baked chocolate chip cookies to celebrate your return," My mom said, and I placed my suitcases on the couch in the livingroom before walking into the kitchen.

"Celebrate? Coming home from LA isn't something I want to celebrate."

"Come on, Han! You get to stay home now, with us. And live a normal life," My mom said, smiling as she pulled the cookies out of the container.

"But what if I don't want to live a normal life? What if I want the paparazzi following me everywhere I go? What if I want people asking for my autographs? What if I want to be on the big screen? Mom, this is my dream. Don't you think I should be able to chase it?" I said, and she stared at me, her expression unreadable. It went silent in the room. Even my dad stared at us, waiting for my mother to respond.

Not wanting to hear what she had to say, I stormed out of the kitchen. I jogged up the stairs and slammed my bedroom door, falling face first into my bed.

I turned over, so that I was staring up at my white ceiling, as the tears streamed down my face. I wanted to be back at the Palm Woods. I wanted to be back with Jay, and Abbey. I wanted to be back with James, Carlos and Logan. I wanted to be back with Kendall.