Chapter 8

Hannah's POV

It was almost 10:30 at night, and my parents were already in bed; perfect. I took my suitcases and my plane ticket which I had just printed out, and tip toed down the stairs. I walked down the hallway, silently rolling my suitcases behind me. I quietly stepped into my shoes, slipping my arms down the sleeves of my jacket. I was about to opening to door, when I heard a cough behind me. Busted.

I turned around slowly, facing my mom who had her arms crossed across her chest. "Where do you think you're going young lady?"

"LA?" I asked, and she sighed, putting a hand on her hip, the other hand resting on the kitchen counter.

"You think you could just leave without an explaination, and think we didn't notice?" My mom asked, obviously blown away by the fact that I'm trying to sneak back to LA.

"Mom, this isn't fair! Why are you keeping me from LA?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"Because, I don't want you to keep getting rejected! I don't want to see you go through that pain!"

"Plenty of people get turned down! Thats part of the process. I can't just give up after the first try! If you want me to succeed-"

"Which I do."

"Then let me go back!" I said, sounding like I was whining. Tears were starting to stream down my face, but I did have a reason. My mom seemed to be keeping me from my dreams.

"Sweetie, you can't just go back," My mom said, and I sighed.

"Why not?" I asked, and my mom shook her head. She has given up on me.

She stepped forward, taking my plane ticket and ripped it, before throwing it in the trash. My mom slowly walked away, walking quietly up the stairs. Tears were uncontrollably falling down my face, and I slammed my suitcases down on the ground. I walked into the living room, sitting on the couch. I wrapped my arms around my knees, crying into my arms.

Abbey's POV

I walked towards a random bench at the Palm Woods hotel, when I accidentally bumped into something, or someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry," I said, looking up at the person. "Oh, hi James."

"Hey, Abbey," James said, grinning down at me. "What brings you to the Palm Woods Park?"

"Well, I came here to think, you know, about Hannah leaving and stuff. I'm considering giving the role back so Hannah will be able to come back to LA," I sighed, and James' eyes widened.

"But, what about you?"

"There are plenty of roles out there. I can just try out for another one," I said, shrugging.

"What if you don't get the part? Abbey, this is your one shot at a lead role. I'm going to miss Hannah so much, but I don't think you should give this role up just so she can come back," James explained, and I puffed some air out of my mouth, making part of my bangs fly up.

"I don't know. I'll think about it," I decided, and James nodded.

"Maybe, you can think about it some more with me, over dinner tonight?" James asked, and I smirked.

"Is that your way of asking me out on a date?"

"Maybe."

"Then, yes." I said, smiling, than walking off in the opposite direction as him. I grinned even bigger when I turned around, and he couldn't see me. I had a date with James; it's about time.

Hannah's POV

A week later, I attempted that whole 'running away' thing again. And yet again, I get caught. Since this was the second time I had tried this, my mom told me I couldn't even leave my bedroom. Which wasn't a horrible punishment; thats where my tv, phone, and laptop all were. I had no problem living up there.

I pulled my laptop onto my legs, getting situated on my bed so I was comfortable. A message popped up on my computer, saying that Jay had logged on to Oovoo. Another message popped up, that signaled for me that Jay was trying to video call me. I sighed, clicking answer, Jay's face popping up on my computer screen.

"Hannah!" She yelled, a grin spreading on both of our faces.

"Jay!" I said, just as enthusiastic as she did.

"Hold on, I'm on my phone and I'm in the boys apartment. Let me get the guys!" Jay said, looking up at her surroundings.

"Wait, Jay! No!" I said, but it was too late. She was calling for the boys, and I had to see them. There was no way of stopping her.