Chapter 17

Kendall's POV

(One Month Later)

Everyone's relationships were working out quite well. Jay and Logan were as happy as ever. Both of them being dare-devils, they were always searching for adventure. Carlos had found a girl, Rachel, and they had been going out for a few weeks now. They seemed really happy together, and I was happy that Carlos finally had a girlfriend.

Abbey and James were great. They are always getting along so well. Both of them being hopeless romantics, they are always doing something old fashioned, or, well, romantic.

Then, there was me and Hannah. Hannah and I were better than ever. We got along really well, and Hannah and I were constantly laughing. We were always by each others sides, especially sense I needed to be there for the whole mess with her parents.

I loved her. A lot.

While everyone was lounging around the pool, I sat anciously waiting for Hannah to come back. She had auditioned for a movie, and it seemed like a pretty good deal. She wanted it so much, even more than the role her and Abbey were up for. I just really hope shes gets it.

As I laughed at Abbey and James as they were trying to push each other in the pool - Abbey winning - I took a glance at the door to the pool. It squeaked open, Hannah walking through the door. There was no expression on her face, so I couldn't tell if she was upset or happy. I guess I will just have to find out for myself.

I stood up, meeting her halfway. All of our friends looked at her, waiting for her answer. "So?" I asked, grinning, and she looked up at me, her eyes wide.

"I didn't get it," Hannah sighed, running her hand through her hair. I looked at her, shocked. Hannah sniffled, and wiped under her eyes.

"Are you serious?" I asked, placing my hands on her arms. Hannah nodded, wrapping her arms around me. I wrapped my arms around her, kissing the top of her head.

"This has been such a long process and I came so close to getting it, but at the last second, they decided on the other girl," Hannah said, and all of the rest of our friends crowded around us.

"Hannah, their will be plenty of roles out there," Jay said, placing a hand on her back. Hannah nodded, pulling out of our hug to look at everyone.

"Kendall got a little stain on his shirt, huh?" Carlos joked, his arm wrapped tightly around Rachel. I looked down at my shirt, a tiny wet stain on my shirt. I smirked at Hannah, and she looked worriedly at me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to get your shirt wet," Hannah assured me, and I laughed.

"Han, it's okay. I understand you're upset, and you can cry in my shoulder all you need," I said, and Hannah smiled weakly. Abbey 'awed' and I shook my head, laughing.

"Sorry," Abbey said, giving Hannah a hug before walking back over to the pool. "Hannah! Come swimming! It will make you feel better!"

"I don't have my swimsuit, Abbey," Hannah said, and we laughed besides Abbey.

"Well go get it on," Abbey said slowly, as if it wasn't obvious. Hannah rolled her tear lined eyes, laughing softly before walking into the lobby of the Palm Woods to get her bathing suit on.

I ran after her, standing infront of her making her stop before she got onto the elevator. She looked up at me, a confused expression on her face and I smirked. I leaned forward, and she smiled, realizing what was coming. My lips pressed against hers, and we smiled into the kiss.

"Anything else?" Hannah asked, laughing.

"Nope, I'm good," I said, walking away. She laughed before walking into the elevator.

Hannah's POV

(A Few Days Later)

Everyone was hanging out in 2J, watching movies. We were having a movie night. I was still pretty upset about the role that I hadn't gotten, so hopefully tonight will help me get over the fact that I didn't get the role and I need to try out for something new.

I said on the couch, thinking back on my auditions for the movie. What did I do wrong? I know there was something that I did wrong, but I would really like to know what they saw. I would like to be able to fix that before my next audition, and-

"Hannah? What are you thinking about?" Abbey asked, sitting down next to me.

"Oh, nothing," I said, putting on a fake smile. Abbey raised her eyebrows; she didn't believe me. "Okay, I was thinking about the movie role," I sighed, and Abbey sighed too.

"Stop thinking about it! Be happy!" Abbey said, getting up and skipping over to everyone else in the kitchen. I rolled my eyes, laughing softly.

"You're still thinking about the movie role?" Kendall asked, coming up behind me.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Well, move on, Han! There are plenty of roles out there," Kendall assured me, and I shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe my mom was right, I-"

"Don't you dare doubt that you shouldn't be here!" Kendall warned.

"But, I don't think I'm good enough to do this!"

"Hannah! Stop it!" Kendall said, and I stood up to face him.

"I'm not good at acting, I should just stop, I-"

"Hannah, if you're going to be so down on yourself, you should have given up and gone back home to Virginia!" Kendall said, and I stared at him, shocked. I had no idea what to say. Just because I was upset over a movie deal, he found it necessary to say that? Kendall had realized what he said, and his face filled with worry. Everyone in the kitchen had gone silent, them overhearing everything that just happened. "Hannah, I'm-"

"Why would you say something like that?" I asked, shaking my head, my eyes wide.

"Hannah, I didn't mean it, I-"

"Just stop," I said, walking over towards the door.

"Please, Hannah. Listen to me," Kendall said, and I shook my head, my back towards him.

"No," I said simply, reaching my hand forward, turning the doorknob, and walking out the door.