Liabilities.

(Super short note just to say holy shit you guys are awesome! Can't believe the support that everyone has been giving this little book! It's incredible! Also- I got into University!!! Hard work paid off! Thank you so much for your patience and dedication, anyway, here's a wee chapter to keep you going)

~~~
"I still wanna throw something at her." Lara admitted, as she walked side by side with Daryl. Everyone's feet dragged and scuffed the ground lightly as they continued their walk.

Lara peeked up at him out of the corner of her eye to see him looking down at her, smirking with one raised eyebrow.

"Dad-" Carl suddenly said, drawing the groups attention as they reacher the top of the hill, "-look."

Lara followed the boys gaze to a gathering of old cars, broken down and trashed on the road ahead.

"I'm gonna head into the woods, circle back." Daryl announced

Carol started forward to follow him into the woods, but he held his hand out-

"No. No, just me." before turning back into the tree line.

Carol looked warily at Lara, who frowned at her expression. Carol nodded her head at the disappearing man and Lara understood immediately. She too began making her way into the forest.

Daryl glanced behind himself to see her following and rolled his eyes.

"Can't get enough, can ye?" He asked, clambering over a fallen log.

"Shut up..." She mumbled, mirroring his actions shortly after. Daryl chuckled at her response, and continued guiding the pair through the dense woods.

They walked for about a half hour, finding nothing but a decaying deer and mangled walker corpse, slumped against a tree. They both stood in a clearing, shaded by some branches, weary and thirsty.

"We should head back." Lara said after a long silence.

Daryls sweaty, grimly face found hers, and he nodded once defeatedly. He swung his crossbow over his shoulder and started heading back for the group, Lara leading the pair this time.

Daryls eyes burned into her back as she made her way out of the woods.

"If you've got something to say, just say it." She told him, never faltering forward.

Daryls eyes fell to the ground and concentrated hard on the leaves he was stepping on, as he figured out his own thoughts, of the multiple whirring round his head.

"I'm sorry about your your dog- Fergus..." His gravelly voice finally emitting sound after a few minutes more of untouched silence.

Lara briefly glanced behind herself at him, catching him glance up at her at the exact same time.

"It's just a dog." She muttered, kicking a few broken sticks out of her way.

Daryl caught her arm and swung her to face him, a frown adorning his face.

"Yeah. But you loved that dog." He stated.

"I got too attached." She retorted.

"There's nothing wrong with that." Daryl scoffed.