Fault.

(A/N: It's not perfect but I've kept you waiting long enough for this chapter... Enjoy 💞)

"We look not at what can be seen, but we look at what cannot be seen

"We look not at what can be seen, but we look at what cannot be seen... For what can be seen is temporary... but what cannot be seen is eternal. For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

"It's my fault..."

Daryl turned his head to the grief stricken woman at his side.

"C'mon, it's n-"

"Don't." She snapped. A few heads turned from facing Tyreese's fresh grave to see the commotion through their tear blurred eyes.

Lara looked about the shrinking group and folded her arms, turning from them and storming off to the cars on the highway.

"Lara." Daryls voice called out behind her, and she listened as his footsteps quickly approached her.

"Lara-" a strong hand gripped the woman's upper arm, pulling her to a sharp stop, "-stop."

She spun round in the spot, causing Daryl to slam into her by accident. The pair stumbled on the grass, and Lara felt herself begin to fall backwards, but remained upright, as Daryl's arms had suddenly encased her in an unbreakable hold.

Her face rested just by the crook of his neck, and she felt ridiculous with her arms laying limp at her sides, and immediately lifted them up and wound them around his waist, as he straightened the both of them up.

"You can let go now..." She mumbled into his shirt.

There was a quiet pause before his gravelly reply rumbled through his chest, "When you say it wasn't your fault, I will."

"Daryl..." She sighed heavily, only to be responded to with sarcasm. 

"Lara..." He mimicked her, and she immediately leaned backwards and glared up at the man, who smirked down at her briefly, before she fruitlessly began struggling in his hold to break free.

"Stop squirming and just say it-"

"You don't understand!" She cried suddenly, and Daryls stomach dropped.

In one swift movement, she twisted in his arms, grabbing his right wrist and turning quickly, so that she held his right arm up against his back, and was defenceless in seconds. Knowing how uncomfortable this hold was, she pushed him forward and let go, creating space between them.

Daryls shoulders slumped as he faced the other way, before he turned to face her.

Tears brewed within her eyes and her gaunt face grew paler with each second.