Faith.

( I've been editing a bit recently, hopefully I've fixed any confusing sections! Comment and vote if you like!)

"Fergus!" Lara whispered, keeping an eye on the wandering dog. Though she trusted him to follow her no matter where she went, she didn't want him straying to far from their large group. The dogs ears perked up, hearing its owner speak for what was her first time that day.

She didn't feel the need to speak with anyone that morning. The previous night around the campfire, the group began sharing. While Carol patched her up, Rosita began asking questions.

Lara eventually told everyone what she had been through. She had practically told them her life story. Her drug addicted, deadbeat mother, and her game addicted brother that she missed everyday. How she had gotten so lost from the group. What she had done to try and find them again. The walkers and people she killed, and why. Rose Marion, and how Lara thought that the girl could restore what faith she had lost, and how she nearly lost her mind when she had to put her to rest. She told them about how badly Gareth beat her, but nothing about what he said. She had opened up to the people she now called family, and they absorbed every single word. Once she had nothing more to say, she fell silent.

Lara clicked her fingers and pointed at the ground by her side, and the dog ran over in a flash, pottering alongside her at a steady pace. She was glad the dog had the good sense to return to the buried bag, where she instructed him to stay.

When Gareth told her that his men had seen him wandering about the fence, she thought she'd never see her friend again.

Lara frowned and watched her dog as its ears flicked about wildly. Suddenly Fergus set off running ahead of the group.

"Fergus!" She whisper shouted, sprinting after the dog.

"Lara?" A few voices called, only to be intercepted by-

"Help!" The group tensed up at the sound of a far cry for help, and started shuffling forward, after Lara and Fergus who had ran towards the sound.

"Dad! Come on!" Carl turned to Rick, gearing him to go. Rick hesitated, until he heard once again-

"Help! Help! Anybody! Help!"

Fergus led everyone to the source. The group discovered a priest perched on top of a huge rock, surrounded by walkers, grabbing and snarling, hungry for blood.

They then took out the walkers one at a time.

"We're clear. Keep watch." Rick asked the group as he turned to the frightened man.

"Come on down." Rick told the man, who complied, albeit shaking like a leaf.

"You okay?" Rick asked as the priest glanced about woozily. He held up a finger, and doubled over, hurling and gripping the rock.  

"Sorry..." He whimpered, wiping his mouth. "Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel." He stammered nervously.

"Do you have any weapons on you?"

Gabriel chuckled, "Do I look like I would have any weapons?"

"We don't give two short and curlies what it looks like." Abraham sniped.

"Don't wanna have to frisk you, Father." Lara explained, grimacing at him distastefully.

"I have no weapons of any kind. The word of God is the only protection I need." Gabriel told them, intimidated by Michonnes hard, calculating stare.