Lost Cause. Lost Sanity.

Rick and Lara leapt first over the fence, followed by Carl, Michonne and lastly Daryl. Lara looked back through the chain link and gave Fergus a small hand gesture to stay put, and the dog immediately sat down. They all exchanged looks, and Daryl took the lead, his crossbow armed and ready as they entered the building, Lara followed in the back of the group, her bow and arrow armed and ready. In the distance an older woman's voice echoed gently through the empty hall.

"Terminus--those who arrive survive. Follow the tracks to the point where all lines intersect. There are maps at the crossings to help guide you with your journey."

The group turned a corner and entered through a door to an open plan room inside the Terminus warehouse. Around the room tables were setup with maps and diagrams, and a handful of people around each table, conversing and working together.

A table up near the door had a woman sat with headphones on her head, an old microphone propped up on the table, and papers spread across the desk with notes written upon them.

"Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive. Terminus, sanctuary for all. Community for all."

"Hello." Rick spoke quietly.

"Those who s--"

"Hello." He repeated, this time with more rigour. The room immediately fell into silence.

"Well, I bet Albert is on perimeter watch." One man sighed, dropping a paintbrush and taking meek steps forward, but showcasing the most leadership of those else in the room. "You here to rob us?"

"No. We wanted to see you before you saw us." Rick said, taking a step forward and examining the room, holstering his gun but holding onto the handle.

"Makes sense." He nodded. "Usually we do this where the tracks meet. Ahem... Welcome to Terminus. I'm Gareth. Looks like you've been on the road for a good bit." He observed.

"We have... Rick. That's Carl, Daryl, Lara and Michonne." Lara shuffled forward slowly, still gripping her bow and arrow, but having it aimed to the floor.

Gareth offered a friendly wave, before nodding, "You're nervous. I get it. We were all the same way. We came here for sanctuary. That what you're here for?"

"Yes."

"Good! You found it. Hey, Alex." Gareth turned and tilted his head to another man, who smiled and approached them, offering yet another friendly wave when he came to a standstill.

"This isn't as pretty as the front. We got nothing to hide, but welcome wagon is a whole lot nicer." Gareth chuckled. "Alex will take you, ask you a few questions. Uh, but first, we need to see everyone's weapons..." He asked, and a tense silence consumed the room.

"If you could just lay them down in front of you." He asked, looking between everyone in the group, his gaze lingering on Lara a second longer than she liked.

"All right." Rick nodded, kneeling to drop his weapons.

"I'm sure you understand."

"Yes, I do." Rick replied, not once breaking eye contact with Gareth. As he removed all of his weapons, everyone began to do the same. Lara however stood stock still, drawing wandering eyes to her.