"So called" safe haven.

"Energy use is being prioritized." Jenner said sharply.

"Air isn't a priority?" Dale asked.

"And lights?" Lara asked as he passed the pair at the end of the hallway.

"It's not up to me. Zone 5 is shutting itself down."

"Hey! Hey, what the hell does that mean?" Daryl shouts from the middle of the group, before running forward to beside the doctor as the enter the main control room again as the building seems to shut down automatically

"Hey man, I'm talking to you. What do you mean it's shutting itself down? How can a building do anything?"

"You'd be surprised." Jenner replied curtly cutting him off as the rest rushed into the room.

"Jenner, what's happening?" Rick asked, walking swiftly beside him. 

"The system is dropping all the nonessential uses of power. It's designed to keep the computers running to the last possible second. That started as we approached the half-hour mark." He said as he lifted his hand up to point carelessly at the clock on the wall, "Right on schedule."

He slowed to a stop before the short staircase to the computers, taking a drink from the bottle he swiped from Daryl, and held tightly onto the rail until his hands turned white, before handing the bottle back to Daryl who swiped it away angrily, spilling whatever was left in doing so.

"It was the French." He said randomly as he was walking up the stairs.

"What?" Andrea asked bewildered.

"They were the last ones to hold out as far as I know. While our people were bolting out the doors and committing suicide in the hallways, they stayed in the labs till the end. They thought they were close to a solution."

"What happened?" Jacqui asked

"The same thing that's happening here. No power grid. Ran out of juice. The world runs on fossil fuel." He cackled coldly, "I mean, how stupid is that?"

"Let me tell you..." Shane started, leaping up the stairs closely followed and stopped by Rick,

"To hell with it, Shane. I don't even care. Lori, grab our things. Everybody, get your stuff. We're getting out of here now!" He bellowed loudly, causing everyone to flinch but move immediately, when an alarm blared, halting everyone in their tracks.

The screen suddenly displayed the timer on the wall, and Vis' voice echoed around the room, "30 minutes to decontamination."

"Doc, what's going on here?" Daryl angrily yelled, while Shane walked over the the rails shouting, "Everybody, y'all heard Rick. Get your stuff and let's go! Go now! Go!"

Suddenly metal whirred and clanged loudly, and everyone looked over just as the doors slammed shut.

Glenn looked startled from the door to the doctor sitting down tiredly, "Did you just lock us in? He just locked us in!" He bellowed to the group, whilst the doctor set up his web camera and began recording.

"You son of a bitch." Daryl shouted running towards the doctor. Rick stumbled forward pointing at him yelling, "Shane! Lara!" As they were the two closest to him.

"You let us out of here!" Daryl yelled lunging for him just as Lara and Shane grabbed him and pulled him back from the doctor, but the doctor was pulled along anyways. When he had stopped struggling Shane let go, but Lara subconsciously kept her hands on his arm, until he shrugged her off.

"Hey, Jenner, open that door now." Rick demanded, striding toward the doctor, fury seething in his demeanour.

"There's no point. Everything topside is locked down. The emergency exits are sealed." He explained annoyingly calmly.