{thirty-five}

Niall woke up slowly, rolling over so that he was facing the warm body next to him.

"Liam?" He mewled softly, his eyes still tightly shut. Harry pouted as jealousy coursed through him.

Just how often did his princess and Liam share a bed?

"No. It's Harry. Sorry if you're disappointed." Harry faux-sighed. He crinkled up his face to mimic tears and brushed at his cheeks.

"No! Hazza please be happy! I-I I'm sorry! I love you!" Niall shouted, throwing his arms around his Harry to keep him from crying.

Harry sniffled loudly in Niall's ear, teasing the sweet boy, "I suppose I understand."

"Haz. You didn't say you loved me back." Niall whimpered, pulling away. He thought that he must had done something very wrong to make Harry stop loving him.

"Baby don't be sad I was teasing you. I love you too Nibear." Harry said, grabbing the blonde's hand.

"Promise."

"The biggest of promises able to be promised." Harry agreed, making Niall giggle.

"Guess what princess?" Harry asked after a beat of comfortable silence had passed. He loved how Niall's cheeks still flushed at being called princess.

"What." He whined, squirming under Harry's constant staring.

"It's someone's special day." He hummed, climbing out of bed. Niall tilted his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"Who's?"

"Yours silly! It's your birthday!" Harry yelled excitedly, grinning at Niall.

"Huh? My birthday isn't until September 13th." Niall said.

"Baby, it is September 13th." Harry replied, laughing at Niall who immediatly jumped out of bed in shock and surprise.

"I'm 17!" He squealed, clapping his hands together. Harry smiled at the cute boy, reaching to his dresser to grab the box he had hidden behind some socks the night before. He slipped it into his pocket, really wanting to wait for the perfect time. Until then, he decided to simply give Niall the smaller gifts that he had gotten him.

"Are you ready to open your presents?"

"Yes!" Niall said, jumping excitedly. Harry was worried the boy would fall right through the floors if he kept it up.

"Here's one princess." He smiled softly and handed the bag to Niall who wasted no time in ripping the tissue paper out and flinging it to the floor, going straight to the bottom like a kid on Christmas. Harry knew it was smart not to bother with a card.

Niall's grin spread even wider, filling out his entire face.

"I love it!" He shouted bouncing around from his now seated position on the bed.

It was literally just a kitten plushie. Harry had picked it up from the clearance aisle one day as the sort of stocking stuffer for a birthday present. He loved how appreciative Niall was of everything, even the small things.

Niall got through the rest of his presents from Harry (an adorable pink rose flower crown with a gold chain running around the twigs, a coloring book filled to the brim with kitties, crayons, a bag of sweets, and a tiara that Harry forced him to wear. "You're the birthday boy." He had claimed) and was soon onto the next thing.

"We need to go out and do something! I'm 17 now Harry! I can almost get into an R-rated movie!"

"Even when you can, you still aren't allowed to."