{nineteen}

After lots of cuddles and tickle fights, along with a few stolen kisses here and there, Harry decided that it was time for them to make dinner.

"What do you want to make baby?" Harry asked. The two of them were sitting on the couch, Niall perched on Harry's lap, facing him.

"Macaroni and cheese!" Niall said excitedly. His mum used to buy the frozen boxed kind, and he was the best at making that!

"And what else?" Harry laughed, smiling fondly at Niall.

"Chicken nuggets."

"Well princess, let's see what we have." Harry knew fully well that the pantry was stocked with neat rows of complete and utter junk food. The freezer consisting of frozen meals and cartons of neapolitan ice cream (Harry liked strawberry, Zayn liked chocolate, and Louis liked vanilla). While the fridge was just a big collection of take-out boxes from random places and beers that Louis hated the smell of.

"How about we order chinese food, and then you and me can bake something for dessert." Harry said. The food they had there was a lost cause.

"Can we bake cupcakes?" Niall asked, jumping up from Harry's lap in excitement.

"Sure baby, whatever you want."

Niall went into the kitchen while Harry placed an order to the chinese restaurant. He ordered random things off the menu and a few containers of lo mein, knowing that to be their usual order from there.

Niall pulled a chair over to the pantry so that he could see to the top shelf where the boxes mainly were. He was extra careful while climbing, and made sure not to mess the organized rows up. He found a box labeled as strawberry cupcakes and pulled it down, along with a box of rainbow sprinkled mix that made him feel so happy he could burst. But could you blame him? Rainbow and pink cupcakes!

Harry came into the kitchen just in time to see Niall up on his tip-toes, peering around for something in the pantry.

"What are you looking for baby?" Harry asked, coming over to stand beside the chair just to make sure that nothing happened.

"Icing." Niall said simply.

"We'll have to make some babe, I don't think we have any." Harry lifted Niall down from the chair, seeing that he had two separate boxes in his hand, both for cupcakes.

"You know how to make icing?" Niall asked, looking at Harry wide-eyed.

"They taught me how to when I worked at the bakery." Harry said, throwing in yet again that he had once been a baker.

"And you never told me?" Niall asked, hurt in his voice.

"Well you never asked silly."

"So you can make me icing like, all of the time?"

"Yes babe, I really can."

"Let's make icing!"

♕♕♕♕♕

After everything was set-up to begin cooking, Harry decided to teach Niall how to make icing.

"Okay love, now just pour in the powdered sugar." Harry pointed to the bowl where a stick of butter was residing.

"Now what?" Niall asked animatedly.

"We're going to use this thing right here called a mixer to blend it all together." Harry said, pointing to the weird machine with two odd-shaped sticks pointing out of it. Niall had seen one before, he'd try to stick his finger in the bowl of cake batter his mum was making and had gotten a harsh reprimanding for it.